Back at it again with the 22 hornet!

Congratulations Fotis.
The 22 Hornet is a fun one.

JD338

I guess it will fill a hole between my 17 Hornet and 222 rem...at least that is how I fooled myself to buy it!
I like your methodology!
Guns are like golf, you can't play the game with one club.

JD338

Be sure to try the 40 gr Nosler VG and 300MP powder in your Hornet. It's magic in mine.
John

Mine was a Winchester M43. I stuck a 3-9 Bushnell on it and killed more ground hogs and other game than I can remember.
The one gun I regret selling, it was my first center fire rifle and reloaded all my ammo for it.
Serra used to make bullets just for the Hornet which was .223" bore diameter. It could be scarry accurate with the right diameter bullet shot in it. I might still have some of those bullets stuck somewhere on a shelf.

Very cool Fotis. I have a Ruger 77/22 22 Hornet I had rechambered to 22 K-Hornet. So far this thing rips. I’ve been using H110 and the 35 V-Maxs in mine. It’s such a fun little rifle.
One of the rifles I have wanted but thought they were too expensive and wouldn't buy. Maybe one day I can find one used at the right price.

Went out this past weekend.

I had made loads with the 35 V max and H110 and Lilgun. Got to the range and noticed I used the incorrect ammo box. Opened it up and everything was mixed. 4 different loads all together no way to tell them apart. So I decided to sight it in as close as I could so it will be ready for the next shooting session. After all I had just mounted the scope on it.

Long story short I fired a bunch of the mixed up loads at the target. Only common denominator was the 35 gr V max. Velocities ranged from 3008 to 3180.
Got a 5 shot group under 1" at 100. LOL.

Went out this past weekend.

I had made loads with the 35 V max and H110 and Lilgun. Got to the range and noticed I used the incorrect ammo box. Opened it up and everything was mixed. 4 different loads all together no way to tell them apart. So I decided to sight it in as close as I could so it will be ready for the next shooting session. After all I had just mounted the scope on it.

Long story short I fired a bunch of the mixed up loads at the target. Only common denominator was the 35 gr V max. Velocities ranged from 3008 to 3180.
Got a 5 shot group under 1" at 100. LOL.
That's never happened to me. LOL
Sounds like it will be a nice little shooter.

JD338

I've had that happen too many times , this is my cure . I've been writing on the case what's inside while doing work ups . I keep track of how many cycles are on my brass the same way . a squirt of carb cleaner on a rag , and the sharpie wipes off easy . I color the primer when I feel the pocket feeling loose . that gives me a heads up to watch that one close on the next cycle . if it feels loose on the next cycle I push out the new primer and junk that piece of brass . a lot of times it feels ok on the next cycle .

P6070100.JPG

P6220105.JPG

P6220106.JPG

Back