Bad 223 ammo

Blackbear3

Beginner
Jun 24, 2015
I purchased three 400 round boxes of 40 gr BT .223 trophy grade ammo for a guided prairie dog hunt in 2021. Because of Covid the reservation was shut down to outsiders. I recently started shooting that ammo to finally go on a Pdog hunt and the first 5 rounds I shot from 1 of the boxes had pierced primers. I was using a Weatherby vanguard bolt action and I tried 6 other rounds from other manufacturers with no problems. I also fired ammo from the other 400 round boxes with no problem. Not sure if the primers are bad? I sent an email to Nosler but haven’t gotten a reply yet. Doug

Sorry to hear about the bad ammo, and the cancelled hunt. Can't offer much more than that. Good luck with the customer service.

Customer service sent me a mailing label and I returned the bulk box including the 5 with pierced primers. They are sending me 400 rounds, but no longer load the 40 gr BT. So I will be receiving 55 gr BT 223 ammo instead. Very happy with the customer service. It’d be nice to know what the problem was with the primers, but not necessary. Thanks Doug

Back