Bad batch of Nosler CT?

smitty81

Beginner
Apr 11, 2007
What do you guys usually retain for weight in your ballastic tip bullets? I only retained an average of 30%-40% from the CT ballastic tip bullets.
These are for a 270. Win loaded with 55Gr. of H4831SC. The range these were shot were from 100-350 yards.

It this normal?

This is the first time i have recovered any of these jackets.

SHOOTING PUMPKINS IS FUN!!!

That sounds about right. The shed weight equates to shock and trauma, the reason why BT's make for quick kills on deer. Are you shooting 130 gr BT's?

JD338

Im using the 130 Gr. Ballastic silvertips with the coating. "Combined Technology".

smitty81
Sounds about right but what did it do to the pumpkins? Any pictures?
I've still got a couple on the porch I think I'll try :lol:
Thanks for sharing and good hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

I am going to go back out friday and shoot some more. Will try to get pictures. I thought about the AccuBond but at the same time, the CT's have never failed me. THEY KILL!! If it were anything bigger than a deer then a would go with the AB. Thanks guys!!

Wouldn't do much more damage if ya stuck a hand grenede down the critter's throat...... :grin:

CC.

you won't have to worry about an AccuBond not killing :grin:

But a bal tip that sounds about what one can expect for weight retension. I used to use them in my 25-06 but switched to the AccuBond a great bullet for deer,antelope and bigger critters!

smitty81":2eyzysxt said:
What do you guys usually retain for weight in your ballastic tip bullets?

No idea . Have never recovered one . Everytime I have shot a deer/antelope with a BT it has exited .

The onlly bst I ever recovered was a 140 grn bst from my 7mm-08. It weighted 99 grns when I dug it out of a boar. My 7mm-08 is my goat gun and I have never recovered a bst.

Back