Barn find rifles cleaned up.

Getting anxious. Always fun to see what new to me, guns will do. Got 165 grain with 57 gr of IMR 4350 waiting on ready to test with the 06, and 42 gr of IMR 4831 with 100 gr SPBT to test with the 243. Just going to test them with the iron sights that are on them. I can still shoot well enough at 50 yds for sure with irons to test if a rifle wants to shoot or not. Waiting on some better weather than what we have currently.

The M94 30-30 I have brass and some bullets for, but no dies. My one buddy should have a set I can borrow but that one will have to wait for now.

Getting anxious. Always fun to see what new to me, guns will do. Got 165 grain with 57 gr of IMR 4350 waiting on ready to test with the 06, and 42 gr of IMR 4831 with 100 gr SPBT to test with the 243. Just going to test them with the iron sights that are on them. I can still shoot well enough at 50 yds for sure with irons to test if a rifle wants to shoot or not. Waiting on some better weather than what we have currently.

The M94 30-30 I have brass and some bullets for, but no dies. My one buddy should have a set I can borrow but that one will have to wait for now.
Shadetree what did you use on the wood?

Shadetree what did you use on the wood?
Lots of thing would work fine, I've tried different products already. For the type of finishes that were on these rifles I prefer Howards Feed and Wax. Just does a better job than most in my opinion. And contains no silicones. I don't like putting silicone products on or into wood. If you'd ever want to refinish for some reason you would have a mess getting that out.

If I was using a protective product on a hard shellac finish like is on the older Remington's or older Brownings for example, I'd use a product like liquid glass (which they don't make anymore) or something similar.

Back