BC for 8mm 200gr partition & accubond

BigJakeJ1s

Beginner
Feb 9, 2006
In the bullet data on the Nosler.com website, the 8mm 200 gr Partition BC is .426, and the AccuBond is .379.

In the 325 WSM 200 gr reload data posted in the reloading data section here, it shows the BCs as .350 for Partition, and .379 for AccuBond.

.350 or .379 seems awfully low for any 8mm, 200 gr spitzer bullet, boat tail or not. Are these numbers right???

Do you have any reloading data for the 200 gr AccuBond in 8x57 mauser?

Andy

remingtonman_25_06":2bad8sl1 said:
Thats one disadvantage for bullets over 30 cal, not very good bc's. 8mm in particular.

I don't know about that...

Sierra BC for 8mm 200 gr MK is .520, 220 gr GK is .521. You just have to get bigger bullets in bigger calibers.

The .50 BMG bullets have some of the highest BCs available in any caliber!

Andy

Big Jake,

This Question Has come up before on here,you might want to look for those posts with a site search. :wink:

Seems Nosler has played around with the BC of the .323/8mm bullets over the past couple of years and changed the listed BC of all. I think they have changed some other bullets as well.

As for the 200gr AccuBond Nosler list it at .379 now. The last time this came up one of the Nosler guys said that "recent tests showed it had a BC of .427 and avg .450 during shooting tests". Win Ammo list the BC of ther CT AccuBond at .477 and the CT Sliver Tip 180gr(BT) at.438.

BTW the new BC of the 200gr Partiton is .350 down from .426 With the 180gr BT being changed to .357 down from .379.

I agree with you the BC of all these bullets should be higher than what they are listed at now,how much higher is the ?

IMHO they should be slighty lower than the same weight 308's but higher than the same or close to weights of the 338's .

On the Data use the data for the 200 gr Partiton for the AccuBond in the 8x57mm start low and work up. :wink:

BC's are a relative term and most are exaggerated anyways. Only real way to see is to get an Oehler and shoot past 600 yards. I do this quite often and find that bullet companys tend to over exaggerate bc's. Nosler is pretty good about realistic BC's as well as Sierra and Swift Scirocco's. The way I do it, I shoot at 800 yards to confirm my "clicks". More times then not, say my come up clicks from my 200 yard zero is 60. Depending on bullets/load, most the time my bullets are anywhre from 6" to 1 foot low. So obviously the BC is lower then advertised. That is why you need to shoot out to your intended range you intend to shoot. It's called verifying your drop chart, and practice and knowing where your bullets really do hit. I'll give a quick example right now since I just had this occur yesterday. I was testing my dads 25-06 and 75g vmax. There going 3725fps. From a zero at 100 yards, the come up clicks for 500 yards was 26 according to my program. Well turns out I need to be up 28 clicks, or 2 more then what the program says to actually be dead on at 500. His rifle which is a Ruger S/S with nothign more then a trigger job shot a 3 shot, 4" group at 500 yards. Which is tottally acceptable for banging yotes out to 500.

Back