Bear Rug

JD338

Range Officer
Staff member
Nov 4, 2004
Sue got her bear rug back from the taxidermist. She did a fantastic job on the rug and we both are quite pleased with the end result!
Sue hasn't decided yet where it will go, I'm leaving that up to her. She is super excited about it and that's all that really matters to me.

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20220504_142838314.jpg
    IMG_20220504_142838314.jpg
    560.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20220504_142858165.jpg
    IMG_20220504_142858165.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 33
Nice looking rug. I see another nice trophy above the window too. My wife is not a hunter but she always wanted me to get one. Couple of times when i did get a draw for a bear tag , never had one in the area. Congrats to your wife.

Very nice!
Would look great up on the wall!
(And won't get damaged by foot traffic as it would if on the floor)

Nice looking rug. I see another nice trophy above the window too. My wife is not a hunter but she always wanted me to get one. Couple of times when i did get a draw for a bear tag , never had one in the area. Congrats to your wife.
Thank you RL. The buck on the wall is a 157" 10 pt that Sue shot as well. I created a monster.

JD338

Thank you RL. The buck on the wall is a 157" 10 pt that Sue shot as well. I created a monster.

JD338
Yeah- Dosent she have a Model 48 as well? Tough problems to have.... Very nice on both counts! CL

Yeah- Dosent she have a Model 48 as well? Tough problems to have.... Very nice on both counts! CL
Thank you Troy,
She has 2 M48's. A Heritage in 280AI that she used on her buck and a Mountain Carbon in 30 Nosler that she used on the bear.

JD338

Nice rug, it looks great right on the table. LOL

I've got a few bear rugs and gave one to my daughter who was particularly interested in it. I've also got a moose rug that will literally cover our entire queen size bed and drape down the sides. It's hard to find just the right place for a moose rug. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That looks good JD. Also I'm not a score keeper on bucks, but I know enough to be able to apply scores to true size. A 157 buck is a good one anywhere in the country.

We've got a couple of bear rugs in the house, both about 6' x 6' - about average for an adult black bear here in my area. One is on the floor in a lightly used chunk of the living room. I like it there. Another is on the wall - my goodness - those things take up a fair chunk of wall space!

My dogs have been good about the bear rug on the floor. I was worried. The old dog used to nap on it once in a while, never chewed it or hurt it in any way. The young dog was really curious about the bear at first, but now he just ignores it. Trots across it once in a while. Never bothered it. He does REALLY want to chew on the deer and elk antlers though! LOL.

I like the way that bear rug looks on the floor, in front of the fireplace JD338.

Guy

Back