Been working on a rifle build

nhenry

Handloader
Feb 7, 2022
I've been building a custom Rem 700 for a few months now and the stock finally came in.

It's not complete yet, but here are the current and future specs:

Trued Rem 700LH receiver
Proof Sendero Light 24", 1:8 twist 7mm barrel chambered in 280 Ackley Improved
Muzzle threaded 5/8x24 for muzzle devices if I ever decide to use them
McMillan Hunter's Edge Sendero, gray paint with black speckletone, red Decelerator pad
Leupold Backcountry rings
Leupold VX-3HD 4.5-14x40 CDS-ZL
*Copper cerakote on all metal but the bolt (bolt and shroud with black cerakote, cocking piece in copper)
*Timney Elite Hunter trigger
*mauser-esque bolt knob installed

Weighs 7.8lbs all together

*yet to be done.

CA4E2F07-3893-4AEE-8149-E70720BAA319.jpg

Looks like a great build. What bullet(s) are you going to run?

JD338

Always good to see another shooter in their "right mind"!
Nice project...hope it performs to your expectations.

Looks like a great build. What bullet(s) are you going to run?

JD338
I have a stash of 143, 155, and 169 gr Hammer Hunters that I think would be a great option. I really like 120 gr TTSX going fast for whitetail and muleys. I also have 140 gr Partitions. I would love to be able to find some 120gr Ballistic Tips. So I guess it just depends on what I can get to shoot the best.

Last edited:
I have a stash of 143, 155, and 169 gr Hammer Hunters that I think would be a great option. I really like 120 gr TTSX going fast for whitetail and muleys. I also have 140 gr Partitions. I would love to be able to find some 120gr Ballistic Tips. So I guess it just depends on what I can get to shoot the best.
Those should work.
You can get a lot of performance out of the 280AI case.

JD338

Certainly a fine looking rifle. Some excellent parts there, should be a shooter. Great choice in cartridge, as well. One to be envious of.

Certainly a fine looking rifle. Some excellent parts there, should be a shooter. Great choice in cartridge, as well. One to be envious of.
Thanks a bunch for the compliments! I'm excited to test it out soon.

Very nice! That is about the perfect setup, except for the bolt being on the wrong side. lol
Agreed! That is sweet and with the red pad on it, I'd expect an 1/4" to the better with your groups.

Man, that is a great looking rifle. Congrats!

Back