Berger Bullets

Gotta say that I am pretty excited to hear about the VLD's for the 338. A couple years ago I asked about the possibility of just such a bullet and at that time there was no plan to produce one. The only part that concerns me is that the much talked about rapid ecpansion might not be ideal on a large carnivore at close range, which is why I bought my 338 RUM, mostly. However, here in CO I trust Walt & the boys to build a bullet that will hump an elk where it stands.

rumshooter":qv8d05gz said:
Gotta say that I am pretty excited to hear about the VLD's for the 338. A couple years ago I asked about the possibility of just such a bullet and at that time there was no plan to produce one. The only part that concerns me is that the much talked about rapid ecpansion might not be ideal on a large carnivore at close range, which is why I bought my 338 RUM, mostly. However, here in CO I trust Walt & the boys to build a bullet that will hump an elk where it stands.
............For carneeeevores? Only one way to find out!

When the 338 cal VLD comes out, simply try one out and have someone with a back up rifle at the ready. With proper shot placement and angle, I`ll wager that a 338 VLD will slam a big bear even with a closer ranged higher velocity impact.

I`d even try a 210 VLD on a big bear from my 300 WSM with a back up rifle at the ready!

Back