Best 410 powder for 11/16oz loads?

tjen

Handloader
Apr 25, 2007
So far I hear H110/296 is it. Anyone use 4100 or 2400? I heard the early Lilgun was hot and thus hard on hulls, anyone using it today? If so which primer too? I plan on using rem hulls mainly.

I see a 410 MEC Sizemaster in my near future. I have one in 28ga and love it. I use 20/28 for 3/4oz 1200fps loads.

We will see if there are any shotgunner here on Nosler.

300MP is a really good 410 powder. All the skeet guys are using it now with great hull life and it is cheaper than all the others.

I have found that Alliant is making a new flaked powder called "410". Their 20/28 powder works great in my 28ga 3/4oz at 1200fps, so I will give this new powder a try. 11/32oz at 1200fps and clean burning.

I have neaver seen a chedite primer only 209"s by rem/win/cci/fed/wolf/fiottci I my have left out a few. I thought chedite was a type of hull that many ammo makers have used.

I have heard the term "chedite primer" used only twice so far. So Chedite is a manufacturer of primers?

I heard about them from a trap shooting buddy. I used them for trap for the 5 years I shot. Seemed very consistant, and not one failure.

Went to BPI web site today and saw all the Cedite products. Ya learn somthing thing every day. Thanks for the reply sounds like a french company.

Back