Best all-around medium power cartridge

My Rem. 700 Titanium in 7-08 is to me the perfect medium rifle. Taken deer and Caribou with it. An available variety of bullet weights fills the bill perfectly.

Well fellas,

I think we found Utopia for Sue with the perfect all around medium power cartridge for everything
from antelope and deer up to elk and moose both near and far with moderate recoil in a very nice and maneuverable rifle that is easy on the eyes.

I ordered a MXX XXXXXXXX chambered in XXXXX.

(y)

Stay tuned for more details.

JD338

JD338":17zxgysn said:
Well fellas,

I think we found Utopia for Sue with the perfect all around medium power cartridge for everything
from antelope and deer up to elk and moose both near and far with moderate recoil in a very nice and maneuverable rifle that is easy on the eyes.

(y)

JD338

Yup! That's pretty much what I would have bought. :grin: Seriously, Jim? Seriously?

In the account of the entire hunting world, the .375 H&H is the ultimate medium cartridge, no competition!

Oldtrader3":7vailoou said:
In the account of the entire hunting world, the .375 H&H is the ultimate medium cartridge, no competition!

I'd probably agree with that... :grin:

Well its official.

Sue is going to get a new Nosler M48 Heritage in 280AI.
We are both pretty stoked about it and can't wait to get it here.
I'm going to mount a VX-3 3.5-10-40mm with a CDS dial.

This set up should prove able to hunt anything in NA with mild recoil. I will start her
out with the 120 gr BT at 3300-3400 fps. If I get it to shoot, I might just leave it
for crop damage hunting this summer and WY Antelope (if we draw).
I do have a CDS dial set up for a 7mm 140 gr AB (BC .485) at 3150 fps so I could
go that route too.

JD338

Very cool Jim! Congrats to Sue and to you! I am sure you two are going to have a blast with it!

When is the timeline for arrival?

JD338":dvazpnwm said:
Well its official.

This set up should prove able to hunt anything in NA with mild recoil. I will start her
out with the 120 gr BT at 3300-3400 fps. If I get it to shoot, I might just leave it
I do have a CDS dial set up for a 7mm 140 gr AB (BC .485) at 3150 fps so I could
go that route too.

JD338
Way to go Jim. That will be nice for her.

Great rifle in an excellent cartridge. You should have no difficulty finding an excellent load for that rifle.

Thank you fellas.
ETA is the end of this month.
I will need to get 280AI (SAAMI spec) dies. I already have Nosler brass and plenty of RL 22.
Should be able to find some loads pretty quick for the 120 gr BT, 140 gr AB/BT, 150 gr ABLR/PT.
That should cover everything for now.

JD338

Ridgerunner665":1wmrl0t9 said:
"Letting her choose, when no available choice will be wrong" sorta thing....her making the decision matters, or at least it seemed to with my wife....she really, really likes that rifle, and is always ready and willing to go shoot it.

I couldn't agree more. I was looking in a total different brand, size etc of rifle and she picks the other one. Happy wife, happy life...

JD338":1aqigdjx said:
Well its official.

go that route too.

JD338

Outstanding! (y)

Do you ever feel that these surveys are rigged? They ask the question and end up doing what the intended to do when they asked. :lol: Just once I would like to see one of these surveys where the outcome has not been decided before they ask the question? (LOL) :mrgreen:

JD338":ezx4upj8 said:
Well fellas,

(y)

JD338
LOL!
I needed that. [emoji2]
I'm sitting here watching my dogs eat and they all are glancing at me thinking I'm nuttier than usual.
Tell me where I can order one post haste please I got some superobtanium bullets I want to try in that rifle.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Oldtrader3":16qb90dw said:
Do you ever feel that these surveys are rigged? They ask the question and end up doing what the intended to do when they asked. :lol: Just once I would like to see one of these surveys where the outcome has not been decided before they ask the question? (LOL) :mrgreen:
Actually, the original plan was a M70 Featherweight in 7-08. ;)

JD338

Back