Beware of scammers!!!

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Lots of scammers have been emerging from the shadows with the current supply crisis. They have set up many websites which are out to scam honest folks trying to get components.

How do you know if the place is legit?

Go to the website in this case this one https://discountammunitionstore.com/

Looks real enough and professionally laid out.

OK at this point add a few random items in your cart. In this case I added 15 (100 round packs ) of Winchester primers!

Go to checkout as if you were to buy them.

This is the moment of truth. If they do NOT offer credit card as an option the site is a fraud! Case closed!

If they only offer Zelle, Paypal, Crypto currency or bitcoin run away! You will never get your funds back. Try telling Paypal that you used them to buy powder bullets and primers and you want your money back, and see what they tell you!

See attachment for aforementioned site!

Attachments

• scam.JPG
    scam.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 6

flyingagg

Beginner
Dec 16, 2019
Lots of scammers have been emerging from the shadows with the current supply crisis. They have set up many websites which are out to scam honest folks trying to get components.

How do you know if the place is legit?

Go to the website in this case this one https://discountammunitionstore.com/

Looks real enough and professionally laid out.

OK at this point add a few random items in your cart. In this case I added 15 (100 round packs ) of Winchester primers!

Go to checkout as if you were to buy them.

This is the moment of truth. If they do NOT offer credit card as an option the site is a fraud! Case closed!

If they only offer Zelle, Paypal, Crypto currency or bitcoin run away! You will never get your funds back. Try telling Paypal that you used them to buy powder bullets and primers and you want your money back, and see what they tell you!

See attachment for aforementioned site!
Form of payment is always the first sign to "run Forest, run"

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
Yup, when I was desperately in need of powders, primers and bullets last year, I went through a few new sites, they would not even take a credit card at the end where I checked out the items, but only offered Venmo, Zelle and Crypto. Knew that they were up to no good. I rather stick with the well known suppliers.

xphunter

Handloader
Sep 15, 2005
A lot of people looking for money without a fair exchange of goods and services...

I don't list prices or have payment options on my SEB-USA website.
I do offer PayPal, Venmo, personal check, bank check, or USPS MO's, (Some folks send cash via USPS-I don't recommend it) but I DON'T have payment by credit card as a option 😇