Big Buck

Could you imagine that buck at 18 yds with a bow! He would give you a good cardiovascular work out.

JD338

While I don't agree with Blacktailhunter on farm/bred bucks, I am not so sure that bucks like sudden impact are healthy. The rack is quite impressive, but at 492, it would be a HUGE elk! I cannot imagine that animal being even born in a natural environment, but more importantly, any infection of the antlers could be very serious.

For the record, I have participated in and agree with breeding efforts to improve the herd. Done both elk and whitetails. Since we are a force in nature (hunters/mankind), it is not easy or even practical to tell how our involvement truly impacts the breed. There is a breeder in Texas that truly believes that hunting is bad for the breed as we take the biggest and the best. But, in my experience, the biggest and the best rarely get taken. And often die from exposure.

Sorry to get off on a tangent, but in this case, you have to wonder if all that mass was good for the deer.
Hardpan

Back