Blaser R93 HHS (14" 375 H&H and 14" 308 Winchester) + Video

Ernie,
I was in Rocky Mountain Discount Sports the other day and they had a bunch of IMR 3031 if you want to give it a try.
Todd
I might get some-Thanks!
I am glad you are on this forum. I like the personality of the forum here.

The recoil appears to be what I would expect having shot the 375 H&H in a rifle on numerous occasions. It is certainly manageable. That is an excellent summation of the cartridge in that hand cannon. (y)
Thank you sir

The recoil appears to be what I would expect having shot the 375 H&H in a rifle on numerous occasions. It is certainly manageable. That is an excellent summation of the cartridge in that hand cannon. (y)
6 pounds and 2.4 ounces with that Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14 rifle scope on it.

I expected to see it jump a little more, looks entirely manageable.
Any velocity numbers yet?
I have 200 248 grain Hammer Hunters headed my way.
I have 35 pieces of Winchester brass with the gun, and a friend just found 50 pieces of Winchester brass at a Cabelas near his house for $29.88-I am so blessed!

"I have a bunch of 335, but guessing that is to fast. I haven't checked."

When I bought my first .308, I used H335 and the 150 gr. Sierra. Rifle was a Remington 660 with 20" barrel. Got very interesting when I shot a load that was max for that rifle. Recoil was mild but the report was like some of that ww2 footage when a cruise was shooting 5" guns at incoming komikazis.(sp) The ball of fire at the muzzle was large and very bright. The load was accurate and accounted for quite a few deer. I don't remember what the charge was and all my years of load notes disappeared when I moved from Nevada to Arizona in 1979.
IIRC, I got the load from the Lyman #45. I looked in the Lyman #50 and they'd reduced the max load substantially. Five full grains. I don't know if it was due to a change in the powder or a better way of checking pressure.
Paul B.

Thanks PJ.

I just found out what the "HHS" stands for: "Handgun Hunting System"

Back