Blaser R93 HHS (14" 375 H&H and 14" 308 Winchester) + Video

Sounds almost like my Competitor Arms Pistol. Over 300 calibers were offered. Muzzle brakes were optional and in your case absolutely needed. I have a muzzle brake for my 30.06 barrel and it works beautifully.
This is a really good guess, especially since I said, "It is not a break-open action or a falling block action."
It is not a Competitor Arms or a Lone Eagle or a SASS...

It made it!
529dFm9l.jpg

Very nice Ernie. I wonder what the velocity loss will be in the 375 with the 24" barrel? Those big ports on the brake should tame her down a bit.
Congrats.

JD338

Very nice Ernie. I wonder what the velocity loss will be in the 375 with the 24" barrel? Those big ports on the brake should tame her down a bit.
Congrats.

JD338
Right now, I have no idea

And I thought my TC Contender 375 Winchester was cool. 🤣
Can't wait to hear more about it Ernie.

JD338

I guess in a pistol it could fall under the definition of a cannon. Man, be interesting to see a video of that being shot. Surely that will make you grimace a little the first time you're squeezing the trigger? :D

I guess in a pistol it could fall under the definition of a cannon. Man, be interesting to see a video of that being shot. Surely that will make you grimace a little the first time you're squeezing the trigger? :D
Here is some specialty pistols I shoot or have shot. Encore pistol 338 WM, rear-grip bolt pistol 300 RUM with 230 grain Berger, center-grip XP 338 Lapua Improved with 300 SMK at just under 2700 fps, rear grip 275 Chey-Tac Improved and the 375 Chey-Tac.
My Blaser R93 Pistol is lighter than my 338 Lapua Improved.
I am not scared of the 375 H&H.
I actually plan to put a rifle scope on it. All of the specialty pistols above have rifle scopes FWIW.
The first time always has some of the unknown about it when shooting a big cartridge.
I look forward to shooting it out to at least 500 yards on steel

How’s the powder burn on those Chey-tacs? Full burn or is it spitting some out the barrel end.

20” barrel now that’s a handgun. I didn’t see much of a fireball at the muzzle , must be burning clean.

The recoil appears to be what I would expect having shot the 375 H&H in a rifle on numerous occasions. It is certainly manageable. That is an excellent summation of the cartridge in that hand cannon. (y)

Back