Both 416's are finished with their new load development, fin

Cleveland48

Handloader
Jul 28, 2015
Finally finished with the 300 gr tsx load in my 416 taylor improved. Settled on IMR 4166, and can't remember velocity but its around 2700 fps I believe. Also tried out the 350 ttsx load again in my 416 rem mag, and it has shown to be quite good. I did move scope wrong way, so one group is a bit to the right lol. First pics are the 416 taylor imp, and second is the 416 rem mag. I believe im gonna shoot my heavy target gun in 6.5 CM for a while now, until my shoulder recovers. Its been battered and bruised for last month or two [emoji1787]
1be930882d800a7eea5e75b8a2c2bd26.jpg
1dbd87ad3dccab26f70420a45fc56aa5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That looks as if you're good for hunting elephants, or cape buffalo, or whitetail! (y) No doubt your shoulder did take a bit of abuse. Great loads, however.

DrMike":qcqyi7e8 said:
That looks as if you're good for hunting elephants, or cape buffalo, or whitetail! (y) No doubt your shoulder did take a bit of abuse. Great loads, however.
Thanks for running that quickload for imr 4166 for me DrMike. It took me a little while to get around to using it, but it was very helpful.

RL338":2zi4kdsw said:
Good work, both of those are great loads.
Thanks! I had to switch over to the barnes 300 and 350 gr due to not finding the speer magtips. I did take two deer last year with the 300 tsx at 2700 fps in my 416 remington. They showed very good expansion, but not quite the damage the speers did.

Cleveland48":31fnicr8 said:
DrMike":31fnicr8 said:
Thanks for running that quickload for imr 4166 for me DrMike. It took me a little while to get around to using it, but it was very helpful.

You are most welcome. (y)

Excellent load development and great shooting. My shoulder hurts from just looking at the targets. LOL Dan

NYDAN":2b8o6cda said:
Excellent load development and great shooting. My shoulder hurts from just looking at the targets. LOL Dan
Thanks, I'm glad to be putting them up for awhile lol.

Back