Bought 1.5-5x20 Leupold VX3 for Jungle Rifle.

I have my 2.5-8x32 Conquest on my Number One. My 1.5-5x20 is on my .338 Federal. Both are fairly short rifles and are good setups for Jungle Elk.

Yup, I'll bet they are! Haven't hunted the Roosevelts myself yet.

Bought my first low-powered scope, a 1-4x Leupold at least 25 years ago. Put it on a tang safety Ruger 77 in .300 Win mag. Some thought that an odd combination, but it worked out real well for me for the several years I owned that rifle & scope. I was sold on low-power scopes for some applications then and there.

Guy

Guy,

Those are great pictures. Hunting the thick stuff, where you smell 'em before you see 'em. :grin:

Thanks. I actually think it was an old article from Finn Aagaard that headed me down the road of small, low magnification scopes. Some kind of comparison he did with a low powered scope vs iron sights for speed & accuracy at modest distance. Likely in the early 1980's. He was very impressed with the low powered scopes as I recall.

Dumped all those old magazines and articles years ago in one of our military moves. Too much stuff to haul around.

Guy

Back