bought a new 22

Ridge_Runner

Handloader
Sep 29, 2006
Bergara B14R left hand, something to practice with that won't break the bank, well the good 22 ammo is not really cheap but barrel life is better!
dud2cYP.jpg

I use Remington Thunderbolt 22 LR in my Remington 541T-HB to shoot the gongs at 250 yards. One day I would like to see what some quality target ammo would do but the Thunderbolts seem pretty good for what we do.

JD338

Attachments

• IMG_20240212_162333331.jpg
    IMG_20240212_162333331.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
maryland munitions has Eley Tenex for 190 bucks a brick, cheapest I have found.

was shooting RWS Target Rifle the other day managed a .177" and a .207" 5 shot group at 50 yards, looking forward to trying other quality ammo to see what it likes.
Check out Norma Tac .22 target ammo. Shoots good and is inexpensive.
You can also check out Agila .22 ammo which is made in Mexico and inexpensive.

Bergara B14R left hand, something to practice with that won't break the bank, well the good 22 ammo is not really cheap but barrel life is better!
dud2cYP.jpg
I am really enjoying mine so far! So nice to find a LH bolt action 22LR! Heavy for hunting, unless set up over a prairie dog town, but a lot of fun at the range!

Have only done load testing out to 50 yards with 11 different types of ammo...will be working out at 100 yards next to see if the most accurate loads are still the standouts.
Lapua Center X is the most accurate, but also the second most expensive and hard to find locally here...
Eley Team and Match also shot very well, and Team isn't too pricey, whereas Match was the third most expensive locally when available.
SK Long Range Match also shot very well and was decently priced and not too hard to find.
RWS Special Match was also accurate and decently priced, and the easiest to find locally for me.
If ES and SD are important to you, then in my rifle, Lapua Center X and RWS Special Match had the best numbers, and the only two with both numbers in the single digits.
And if velocity is important, Eley Match and the RWS Special Match both matched manufacturer's velocities despite being shot in the Bergara's shorter barrel.

Enjoy!

What scope are you using?

I have a Burris Veracity 3-15x50 Ballistic E1 FFP
So far am I am impressed with the glass...but still have to learn to use the reticle at distance. (Zeroed at 50 yards.)

Back