Browning bar mk 3

Cneelk

Beginner
Dec 23, 2021
Picked up a browning bar mk 3 left hand in 300 win mag. Mostly when I go into thicker country and most of my bolts are built for long range open country. Looking for pointers and experience with semiautomatic rifles. Not sure if my hand loads are feasible but picked up two boxes of federal terminal ascent with 200 grain bullets. Just looking for info. Thanks

Semi-autos can be pretty darn accurate. I knew of a couple, 30-06 and 7mm Rem Mag that shot sub MOA. I had a Remington M742 ADL Carbine in 30-06 that honestly shot just under .5 MOA with my hand loads.
Just keep the action clean and properly lubricated for reliable feeding and cycling.
The BAR in 300 Win Mag is definitely a good one.

JD338

Absolutely ditto to what JD338 advised! Keep them clean. I have 2 BAR Shorttracs and they will throw all over the target when dirty and group right up after cleaning.

You picked up a nice rifle. Same as any other just find the load it likes. I have loaded for 2 semi autos, Rem 742 and BAR both 30-06. Using a full length die for resizing worked fine. I'm sure you will enjoy yours. Dan.

The only problem I ever had with mine was when I left the bolt open on a windy day and sand blew into it and gritted up the action. Lesson learned and it never happened again.
V/R,
Joe

Back