Browning blr rear sight

mj30wilson

Beginner
May 20, 2006
I was shooting with my 5 year old daughter and I flipped up the rear sight after getting the rifle out of the gun sock and it had resistance but stood up. When we were almost done the sight fell down and now it has no resistence up or down and falls everytime we fire the gun. Is their a spring that came loose that I can't see? Below is a sight at midway usa. Can anyone tell me how to fix the problem? Or must I Buy a new one.

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimage ... 294495.jpg

...first thing to do is contact Browning if it's a "factory" sight, chances are pretty good they'll "take care of it"...

...if it's an "aftermarket", sounds like a cam or detent got out of alignment & failed...

mj30wilson":170cjyup said:
Is their a lifetime warrenty on the item?

I would bet money, Browning will stand behind it.. It would surprise me if they didn't.

Either the cross pin is broken (probably) or the little leaf spring underneath broke(unlikely). Drift the sight out of the barrel from left to right with a brass or nylon punch and whatever failed should be obvious. I wouldn't do the warranty thing for such a low-cost repair, even if it takes a new $20 sight.

Back