Bucket Rifle

So as to not derail a thread with a similar title what is your bucket list rifle?

For me it would be a PL Holehan African Hunter in .416 Rigby, left handed action, in a beautiful Bastogne walnut. I would want some scroll work engraving throughout the rifle with inlaid silver.

That’s my dream and I’m sticking to it.

Vince
A man needs a dream!👍👍

I have a couple...or a few...well...maybe another handful!

A Winchester or Browning Low Wall rebarreled to 221 Fireball.
A Marlin in 218 Bee.
A Marlin rebarreled to 414 Super Mag. (Have the donor...just need to find a .410 barrel and a reamer)
A BLR in 257 Roberts.
A Ruger No.1A in 257 Roberts...oh wait..I am in the process of getting this one now! :cool: Has really pretty wood!
Fellow had posted a pic of his beautiful rifle, and I offered to give it a new home if he should ever get tired of it...actually bought my new Ruger No.1S in 218 Bee from him on January...and a couple of days ago he messaged me saying that he would give me first right of refusal if I was still interested, as he was in the process of selling a few rifles in order to obtain a pre-64 Model 70.
How could I say no?!?!

My bucket list includes a Winchester model 70 featherweight in 6.5x55 or 7x57, A 260 Ackley Improved set in a medium length action, a Winchester model 71 and a matching model 64, and a Rock Island Armory model AL22M .22 magnum. Lol...not much to ask for.

My bucket list includes a Winchester model 70 featherweight in 6.5x55 or 7x57, A 260 Ackley Improved set in a medium length action, a Winchester model 71 and a matching model 64, and a Rock Island Armory model AL22M .22 magnum. Lol...not much to ask for.
Cool picks right there!

Back