Bullet shelf

I can now see why you didn't want me to pick you up anymore of those 348 bullets,😅 Dan.
Ha. Yea, they add up quickly! I love the 348 but with the amount you got me, I have a few years before I burn through them. Thank you again WV

Thanks for posting this Scotty, I looked at my bullet shelf and it was about to come crashing down as well. I bought some clear bins and put each caliber bullet in a separate bin. It's amazing how much a bunch a little boxes of bullets weigh.
GLAD I could help. It’s been fine for 2 years and just decided it’d had enough I guess.

I figured you all might get a laugh from this. While I was playing with the kids outside last week, I heard a dull crash. Couldn’t place it, I don’t hear great, so quickly forgot about it.

Well, the next day I went in to look for something in the freezer and saw this.

I pulled the old rack out and realized the 750lbs per shelf might’ve gotten up to 752 or so on a couple, cause she buckled pretty good.

Anyhow, I had to travel a few days last week, so I drew up some quick plans and got some rough cut 2x6’s.

I got started on Sunday and finished up the new rack

I’m slowly digging out of the mess. Even found some stuff I forgot about.

So beware you bullet hoarders…. Make sure your shelving is strong enough to support your habit :ROFLMAO:
I fear that! I built center supports but the 2× 10s are still sagging slightly. 20240913_151659.jpg

I also worry about my basement foundation sinking!

Last edited:
Holly crap what a mess! I suspect you might have said a cuss word or two under your breath. Now your new shelves look just like something my father might make. Everything he made was stout stout stout. I think I pretty much took right after him in that respect.

As for your new 270 might have to try Jack O'Connors load with 130 gr. Partition and H4831SC. Okay Jack didn't have the SC back then but hey I'd still use it.

Back