burris full feild 2

str8meat

Since you asked about Burris.......

I had a very bad experience with Burris customer service. I do not have any confidence in Burris.
In my experience, Leupold has excellent quality and their customer service and turn around time, weather repair or changes to reticle, dials, etc., is best in its class!
http://noslerreloading.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8593

I would hate to see you in a tough spot if you needed warranty work close to hunting season!

JD338

I have 3 of these scopes, and haven't had an issue with any of them, I love the ballistic plex recticle. The glass is on par with the Leupold VX 2's and other comparable scopes, adjustments seem to be consistant and reliable. I have had them on a 22-250, 264 win mag, 7mm rem mag, and 300RUM and have never lost zero. I haven't had to deal with customer service, and hope I never have to.

I have one of the 3x9x40s and have had it on several rifles.It currently is on a 300 Weatherby and I have had ZERO issues with it.

i have 2 in 3-9x40
one was on my 300 ultra for 3 years , it never lost zero even with multiple airplane trips.
the other one is on my wife's 260 rem. never had any problems with them. so i don't know about their customer service. hope i never have to
need it.
glass are clear for the price.

I had that very same scope for several years. It was on a 7 STW for a few years, then my 338 WM for a few years, then a 270 WSM for a few years before I sold it. It was good glass. I did however have a few issues with the scope and the company. In 04 to took off to Idaho for an elk hunt with it on my 338 WM. found a nice 6x6 at about 425. Took the propper hold and let a 225 AB fly. To my suprise I hit right where I was aiming over his back. Next shot did the same thing. Ajusted and put two in his ribs. Got home and was hitting four to five inches high! I got to looking at the scope and moving it around and noticed it had a rattle to it. I took it off and sent it to burris along with a check to have the ballistic plex installed. Got the scope back and no ballistic plex. Called them up, they sent me a pre paid postage box and I sent it back. They got it right the second time.

After that I put it on my 270 WSM and never had a problem with it again. Shot a .456" group with it at 300 yards with 140 ABs out of the 270 WSM. My wifes 7-08 was a FFII 3-9 on it now. They are not bad scopes, but if I know I'm going to be spending alot of time behind it I'll go Luepold every time.

jmad_81":2dgngljo said:
I had that very same scope for several years. It was on a 7 STW for a few years, then my 338 WM for a few years, then a 270 WSM for a few years before I sold it. It was good glass. I did however have a few issues with the scope and the company. In 04 to took off to Idaho for an elk hunt with it on my 338 WM. found a nice 6x6 at about 425. Took the propper hold and let a 225 AB fly. To my suprise I hit right where I was aiming over his back. Next shot did the same thing. Ajusted and put two in his ribs. Got home and was hitting four to five inches high! I got to looking at the scope and moving it around and noticed it had a rattle to it. I took it off and sent it to burris along with a check to have the ballistic plex installed. Got the scope back and no ballistic plex. Called them up, they sent me a pre paid postage box and I sent it back. They got it right the second time.

After that I put it on my 270 WSM and never had a problem with it again. Shot a .456" group with it at 300 yards with 140 ABs out of the 270 WSM. My wifes 7-08 was a FFII 3-9 on it now. They are not bad scopes, but if I know I'm going to be spending alot of time behind it I'll go Luepold every time.

I echo what Jake and Jim have to say about them. I have a FFII 2x7 on a Browning BLR. Scope seems very solid, and I like the Ballistic Plex, but wonder how organized their customer service is. I hope I don't have to find out. Scope has good glass in it and is a good looking scope, but I tend to look towards Leupold more often. Not that I wouldn't get another Burris, but Leupolds warranty is the best there is. Scotty

The older Fullfield II's that were made in America have a lot better glass in my opinion. The new Fullfields built in the Phillipines, have a distinct blurring towards the outer edges. I wouldn't purchase another one.

For the money, buy a new Redfield by Leupold. They're cheaper than the Fullfield and the quality far surpasses them...plus, they're entirely made in Oregon and carry Leupold's unbeatable service.

I have two of the Phillipine 3-9X Fullfield II's on a .270WSM and a 6.5x55. Both have the Ballistic Plex reticle and both have been trouble free. There are scopes available with better glass but not for the price. (Well maybe the new Redfields, checked one out the other day at Wholesale Sports and it looked to be very clear and bright). I hope I never have to find out about Burris service, as I have heard a few negative stories.

They seem to be solid scopes, they're fairly clear optically, and hold zero pretty well. I had one on a .280AI and it held up fine. I did have an issue with the eye relief when shooting it above 10x... got bit a couple of times on the bridge of the nose. That's the only thing that would worry me if I were sticking it on a .300 Winny... the eye relief is a bit short.

TBASTIAN":3lwwt3um said:
The older Fullfield II's that were made in America have a lot better glass in my opinion. The new Fullfields built in the Phillipines, have a distinct blurring towards the outer edges. I wouldn't purchase another one.

For the money, buy a new Redfield by Leupold. They're cheaper than the Fullfield and the quality far surpasses them...plus, they're entirely made in Oregon and carry Leupold's unbeatable service.

yes buy AMERICAN,, me myself i wouldnt mind paying a bit more if the product is AMERICAN made,, im tired of supporting other countrys and getting less in return :x

romex2121":2adtd160 said:
TBASTIAN":2adtd160 said:

yes buy AMERICAN,, me myself i wouldnt mind paying a bit more if the product is AMERICAN made,, im tired of supporting other countrys and getting less in return :x

Amen too that.

Corey

The only Burris I ever dealt with was a used one on a kids rifle that I was trying to help sight in. Box and a half of shells later and a lot of frustration for a 13 year old kid and I finally gave him a Bushnell Banner I had. An inaccurate rifle suddenly went Sub-2in groups even with the kid shooting. The Burris was all over the place. That was several years ago. I saw him at the range last year and he has taken several deer with that Banner and that 243 Rossi. Hes grown into it now and inch groups are the rule. If it were my money I'd buy a Redfield or a Luey if I could afforfd it. Probably shouldnt base my opinion on one instance but..... CL

Back