What was I thinking?

We just need to get Nosler and some of the other companies to start supporting the cartridge.

Vince

I have never fired a .375 Ruger but have shot a couple of .375 H&H rifles over the years. I owned a push-feed Model 70 .375 that was quite accurate and though the recoil was stiffer than I like, it wasn’t impossible to shoot well. Sadly I traded it off a few years back.

Just picked up a .35 Whelen this year, I already like it just as well if not better. It’s better suited to what I typically hunt.

I have never fired a .375 Ruger but have shot a couple of .375 H&H rifles over the years. I owned a push-feed Model 70 .375 that was quite accurate and though the recoil was stiffer than I like, it wasn’t impossible to shoot well. Sadly I traded it off a few years back.

Just picked up a .35 Whelen this year, I already like it just as well if not better. It’s better suited to what I typically hunt.
You'll love the Whelen, what brand rifle did you get?
I sent off a M70 Push Control Feed 30-06 to J.E.S and had it reamed and rifled chambered in 35 Whelen AI and that thing is unbelievable. I actually almost split a white tail doe in half with a 225gr Partition trying for a rear spine shot/ Texas heart shot.
After post pictures and bullet load used Guy said I hit the deer with 4000lbs of muzzle energy, if I miss quoted Guy's post, I hope he will correct the this. I don't like to miss quote other people.
I'm not promoting the 35AI since it's not for everyone and was a lot of hard work finding the right powder primer bullet combination to get the most out of it safely and the accuracy form a 1-12 twist four grove barrel that is fairly thin.

Back