Bushnell HD Rifle Scopes

G

Everybody,

Tell me the pros and cons. For the money is this a good scope? Was looking at the 4.5-14 x 44 model believe it listed for 299.00 in Cabelas.

Don

My only experience with Bushnell is their Elite series, and they have been wonderful scopes. I was more than taken care of by their customer service department with the one issue I had.

For me, if it says Bushnell without Elite attached, I steer clear, especially for $300. There are some quality options in that price-range.

I would think you could get a similar power range in a VX-2 for just a little more and it would come with a life time warranty.

JD338

It appears the Legend HD scopes have been introduced to take the place of the Elite 3200 line, which got folded into the Elite line along with the 4200 line within the last year or two. They come with rainguard and the "bullet proof money back guarantee" as well as the same lifetime warranty of the Elites. I suspect you'd be well served by them. I own several of the 3200s and love them. For the money, there just isn't a better scope in the $150-200 range, and I've looked through just about all of them. They are comparable to the VX2 line from Leupold, but at far less cost. Just about the only issue I see is the adjustment range may be a little narrow on a few of the models, but if you can deal with that, you'd likely be well served.

Oh, and if I were going to pony up the price of a VX2, I'd skip Leupold altogether and go to the Meopta Meopro, Minox ZA3, or Zeiss Conquest. If you shop, you can find those scopes in the $250-350 range as demos. They're better than the VX3 scopes from Leupold, and markedly better than the VX2s.

Let me clarify, too, when I said,

For the money, there just isn't a better scope in the $150-200 range,

I was referring to the Bushnell Elite 3200s. I cannot for certain say that about the Legend HDs, as I have not had field experience with these. I can tell you they spec out very similarly to the old 3200s, and are at similar price points. But you need to go look through one (either at a store, or order one from someplace with an easy return policy if you don't like it) and judge for yourself.

But I'd spend a lot of time considering other scopes before I'd pay the premium for Leupold these days. There are so many good options out there right now, one does not have to overpay.

What I can tell you is that I adore my 6500 Elite.

Back