Canadians Have Had Enough

It's amazing that representatives of the people are avoiding the people, and actually hiding from the people, despite the FACT that there has been zero violence or "insurrection".

It's amazing that representatives of the people are avoiding the people, and actually hiding from the people, despite the FACT that there has been zero violence or "insurrection".
We are, on the ground here, and what we do see is an attempt by others who do not agree with what the truckers are doing to "create" problems and shift the blame for any disruption, to the truckers and their supporters.

It somewhat reminds me of your march on the capitol. "Others" who were not Trump supporters, created a problem that became a Trump supporters resurrection. I have no dog in that fight, but I felt they could have been easily stopped before entering the building--if--they wanted them stopped. Anyway, very tense here. Some tires have been damaged, some dents in trucks and trailers, a lot going on, a lot of people speaking, a lot of people on both sides protesting --the only thing everybody has in common is

where is Trudeau

Dr Mike, this should not surprise you. some of the truckers have dogs and guess who has been making sure the dogs have food ;)

I seen in the news this morning that the Major is being investigated.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/military-officer-pandemic-video-gagetown-1.6348166

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/nati...oldiers-to-fight-governments-pandemic-tyranny

It is a serious matter to speak out against civilian government while wearing the uniform of the nation (see LtCol Stuart Scheller). Having said that, when the speaker understand that he/she is putting career on the line, one has to respect the speaker, whether you agree with what is said or not. I happen to believe Maj Chledowski was sincere and accurate in what he said. That he would be investigated, and likely punished, is not surprising.

I haven't been commenting on this but have been following info both on here and other sources. Been watching different people covering it. Last night my wife and I spent the evening watching the Ottawalks channel on youtube instead of watching any normal TV.

It's quite an event and quite a movement going on there. I hope if it gets nasty and it might, that the truckers and the people hold the line and don't back down until restrictions and mandates are eliminated and free people are indeed free. As they should be.

I'd say when this is all over Trudeau is in big trouble politically. Lets hope.

There's a whole lot of people in full support of this. My hope is that it goes country to country.

That Ottawalks fella is of course just one of very many that are broadcasting what's going on. Last evening there were 20,000 people watching his live footage according to youtube. He started at 6 PM eastern time and ran until 10:30 when his battery died.

My wife has been watching him some every evening. She said at the beginning of the week he had 3,000 subscribers. Now he has over 120,000.

It is getting dicey. The news today is Trudeau is to invoke the Emergency Powers Act. Heard it both on the radio and on a headline ticker on TV. My understanding is that is very similar to our Marshal Law. If so akin to a full government takeover. Perhaps someone from Canada could better explain what it means.

Also on the same headline was the statement: "Guns seized in Alberta." I've seen no other news to verify or explain this.

As I already said in an above post..........my hope is that you all hold the line whatever happens. This is your last chance, fold here and it's over far as I can tell.

Fitting lyrics I think from the Canadian Nationa Anthem.

O Canada! Our home and native land!
True patriot love thou dost in us command.
We see thee rising fair, dear land,
The True North, strong and free;
And stand on guard, O Canada,
We stand on guard for thee.

I have not seen a report that Alberta is seizing guns, but the RCMP have made arrests at Coutts and Milk River. There are also reports that the Alberta government is trying to purchase used tow trucks. Since the tow truck companies have been forthright in refusing to tow their primary customers, this would fit with the effort of the AB government. Jason Kenney is a disappointment in many respects. Invoking the Emergencies Act would permit the government to enact such measures as travel restrictions, declare what are and what are not essential services, impose fines on violations of the act, etc. In effect, it is a move of the federal government to seize control during times of emergencies. One caveat is that the Emergencies Act is subject to review by Parliament, and all actions are subject to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms and the Canadian Bill of Rights. Three premieres are opposed to invoking the Emergencies Act--the premieres of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. We'll see how this plays out.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/military-officer-pandemic-video-gagetown-1.6348166

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/nati...oldiers-to-fight-governments-pandemic-tyranny

It is a serious matter to speak out against civilian government while wearing the uniform of the nation (see LtCol Stuart Scheller). Having said that, when the speaker understand that he/she is putting career on the line, one has to respect the speaker, whether you agree with what is said or not. I happen to believe Maj Chledowski was sincere and accurate in what he said. That he would be investigated, and likely punished, is not surprising.
I understand that quite well DrMike. I am/was employed by the Feds, but wear a different shoulder patch. I was told get vaxxed OR get axxed. My superior did not like my reply. I chose the latter so I am on LWOP hoping that this Gong Show would come to a peaceful resolution but our PM is a deranged Power Hungry Idiot. If this is resolved by April 1st I may be reinstated. My boss is not happy having me off duty and sitting in limbo right now .

Have a listen from 2 Liberal MP's.

https://omny.fm/shows/roy-green-show/rgsp-2022-02-13

Your assessment of Mr. Trudeau certainly appears to be correct. The steps to seize bank accounts is below rotten. It is precisely what I would expect of a tyrant. It is what we usually hear from nations such as Venezuela, China, or Cuba. I will certainly pray for you to be reinstated, just as I pray for a resolution shortly. It is maddening to think that with the simple courtesy of speaking with the truckers, Mr. Trudeau could have already resolved the immediate crisis.

What are the procedures for removing a PM? It sure seems like his actions warrant removal especially since he has made no attempt at concessions. Government officials work for the people not to control the people in a democratic society.

Back