Can't buy any guns.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Just regular rifles, sure. Plenty out there. But everything I'd consider a good rifle that's not an everyday rifle and is in good shape, has been a no go. Everything that catches my eye has been going for ridiculous money. I've been on the hunt and couldn't buy nothing.

Was finally able to buy a good one at a reasonable price. Picked it up local. A red pad tang safety Ruger M77. But in a black tip, so the ultra light version. And in a 250 Savage. Tough one to find. I've seen them occasionally on Gun Broker, but this is the first one I've seen in person locally. Supposedly the 250 Savage ultra light is the toughest to get, but I can't say that as a fact, just what I've heard and read.

Not 100% mint, but real close. The bluing isn't worn on the muzzle which tells me it wasn't shot much. 20" barrel, weighs 6 lbs 3.5 oz as it sits with the rings on it. Action is slick and smooth. Nice rifle.

You hit the jackpot with that rifle. Congratulations on a great rifle. Can't imagine it will be anything but a joy to use.

Thanks. Didn't check anything out yet as far as serial numbers and such. Guessing it was probably made in the 80's. Pretty happy with it........I wont run across many others I suppose, and it's not beat up in the least.

Nice find. Looks to be in real good shape. Hope it gives you lots of enjoyment (trigger time). Dan.

Wow! That is a sweet one! I had a Ruger RSI in my hands, in 250 Savage once. I had the guy down to $200 and only $20 in my pocket. Back then that was the Diaper money! would have been a close twin. That will be a rifle. CL

Thanks guys.

CL, those kind sting a bit, but it's all relative to the time you're in. I can think of several in the last several yrs that bite, and at the time I knew was a good rifle, at a good price, but at the moment didn't have spending cash built up enough to buy them. Could've pulled money out of checking, sure, but not how I buy rifles.

A black/gray laminated special run Grice 7600 in a 7mm-08 for $700. 300 of those made. Hard to think what that gun would be worth just 2 yrs later. A nice Rem 700 mountain rifle, drop magazine in 7mm-08 for about the same money. Those will bring $1400-$1500 easy right now. A pre-64 M70 in a 35 Remington. A lot of money sure, but not really. Find another one. I should've pulled money out of checking to buy that one.

I paid I'm guessing $200-$300 more for this rife than what a guy could've maybe bought one for 2 yrs ago if he happened to stumble across one. But that's nothing today. Still a good buy.

Back