Chamfer and Deburr Question

huntnfool

Beginner
Apr 16, 2009
Should I chamfer and deburr only after trimming or should I do it each time I reload a case, even if I don't trim?

Thanks for the help.

Paul

I only chamfer/deburr after trimming. You want to get rid of the sharp square edge on the neck to allow the bullet to seat w/o scrapping it.

I lightly run the inside/outside tool on the cases after sizing even without trimming. Not really necessary just want a smooth edge for seating bullets and feeding from the magazine.Rick.

rick smith":6onzpomc said:
I lightly run the inside/outside tool on the cases after sizing even without trimming. Not really necessary just want a smooth edge for seating bullets and feeding from the magazine.Rick.

x2 plus I find that my bullets seat a bit easier without scraping the copper off the base.

I always full length size ,chamfer and deberr brand new rifle brass,and of course when I trim the brass.It just slicks it up .I want to keep the bullet as perfect as possible when seating.

rick smith":2hdsxd22 said:

Yep me too.

I usually chamfer and deberr after trimming.

JD338

I use RCBS 3-Way Cutters on every rifle caliber I load, and these two most onerous chores are ELIMINATED!

The Giraud is "KING" but here's a great poor mans solution. Get a lee universal lock stud for your drill and their caliber specific cutter...I hardly ever use my fancy RCBS lathe type trimmer unless I'm doing ALOT OF CASES.
DSC00626-1.jpg
[/url]

Back