chronographs

velvetant

Handloader
Apr 16, 2007
Well my chrono did a Mary Poppins and took off in the wind. My fault for not putting sandbags on it.
It was a picture perfect day so I took a chance and lost.
I went to check my target at the 500 yard line and when I got back it tumbled down a ravine and broke.
It was a cheap one so no loss really, ProChrono Digital. Paid $79.00
It worked alright for the few years I had it and I might get another one.
I had a Pact before that for 10 years or so but I heard the quality of pact has gone down hill.
What do you guys use for a chrono?
Looking for something around $100.00 or so.

Randy

And no I did not put a bullet through it :lol: :lol:

Everyone I know seems to prefer the F1 Chrony. Myself, I have a CED. The screens are wider and the info is stored remotely making it harder to shoot.

I've used Shooting Chronys for many years. I've used both the Alpha and the Beta Master. They have treated me very good.

DrMike":11wnnsmf said:
I've used Shooting Chronys for many years. I've used both the Alpha and the Beta Master. They have treated me very good.

I'll second that one! I use the Beta master and it works great. It's nice to have a remote screen at the bench to look at. Plus mine has registered every shot so far. It's not at finicky as some other brands.

I just use a simple ProChrono Plus and it has worked very well for me. I like it and it's only about $100.00 or a bit more for a new one.

David

I'm happy with my ProChrono, but the remote screen on the shooting chronys is a nice option.
I just used them side by side with no apparent difference in velocity readings.

I have an Oehler. Rumor has it that they are making them again for the consumer.

JD338

Mine is an Oehler 35P and it has done me a good job for many years. I did shoot one of the skyscreens once and thank god they still made replacements.

I started using Beta Chrony. I then switch to Pact Professional and it's been working great for me.

Thanks everyone.
I think I'll try the Shooting Chrony Beta Master .
They are carried locally.

JD338":k7wop1rl said:
I have an Oehler. Rumor has it that they are making them again for the consumer.

JD338

IM GOING TO ORDER ONE, ON THE PAST THEY WERE $325 NOW ON THE EXPENSIVE
SIDE RUNNING $575.00 PLUS TAX AND SHIPPING IN TEXAS ABOUT $640.00.
iM USING A CED M2 WITH GREAT SATISFACTION AND HAVE A CHRONY BETTA ALSO.
THINKING IN REPLACEING THE P35 I GAVE TO A FRIEND AS A GIFT, GREAT INSTRUMENT.

Oehler 35 in action.
7mmRUMLoadWorkUp002.jpg

JD338

Back