CO-AX Pess

Teknys

Handloader
Jan 14, 2008
I picked up a CO -AX press a couple years ago. I finished organizing what is to become my reloading room last weekend. I setup that press and put out a box of 50 of a known load for my 6.5x284 and another 50 of 243W. I still have the Rock Chucker but bench space is a premium, so I don’t think it is going to have a home.
As far as the CO-AX, I like it. It is smooth. I did do a search on this forum and on YouTube for others thoughts on the press. Most all comments were positive. I’m happy with the purchase.

I started 40 years ago (18yo at the time) w/ a dillion 550. .....time went by and bought a 2nd 550 about 6 years ago ad to have 1 of setup for small and large primers. Both have been great. The coax looks like a good press and hope it'll last you for decades!

I currently have a Redding T-7 Turret Press and a Forster Co-Ax Press. I have had at other times, a Redding Boss Press, Hornady Lock-N-Load Single Stage Press, RCBS Partner Press, and RCBS Rock Chucker Press. All have worked well. However, for my personal work, I prefer the Co-Ax. In great measure, this is because I fine the Forster dies to be superior.

I currently have a Redding T-7 Turret Press and a Forster Co-Ax Press. I have had at other times, a Redding Boss Press, Hornady Lock-N-Load Single Stage Press, RCBS Partner Press, and RCBS Rock Chucker Press. All have worked well. However, for my personal work, I prefer the Co-Ax. In great measure, this is because I fine the Forster dies to be superior.
Seems you put all brands to work. Lots of experience there.

I started with a Rockchucker and used it for a long time, then upgraded to to a Co-Ax about 15years ago. I gave the Rockchucker away. Then I discovered there were a few things you just can't do on a Co-Ax, so I found myself an RCBS Jr 3 on which to do those few things. Life is good.

Last edited:
The Co-Ax is capable of building some very high quality ammo. Part of that is indeed their dies... It's kind of nice to not need a bunch of different shell holders. I haven't used one often, but I always enjoy using it and have built my most accurate ammo ever on one, with the Forster "honed" 223 dies. Incredible groups!

Back