Combined Technology Bullets

huntnfool

Beginner
Apr 16, 2009
Would those that have used this bullet, please share your thoughts and experiences?

Especially out of a 270 WSM and 7MM-08.

I primarily use A-bonds and Bal Tips.

I appreciate the input.

Paul

Other than the lubalox coating Winchester puts on them, the Nosler AB and BT are the same bullet advertised as a CT AB or BT.

huntnfool

Richracer1 is correct. Nosler sends the BT bullets with a Gray polycarbonate tip to Winchester. They add their Lubalox coating and then load their Ballistic Silver Tip ammunition.
Its the same bullet. Sometimes you can get factory seconds with the gray tip, red tip for the AB's.

JD338

Heck yeah, I used the 140gr AccuBond for my 270WSM till I started loading for it and they were excellent! Scotty

Oh yeah, these bullets are just as good as Nosler BT or AB. I've shot the Winchester 150 gr. silver tip in a nickel case and also loaded 140 gr. and 150 gr. silvertips in my 7Mag and I love them. Nosler does have a part in making these bullets and they are great.

7Mags Forever and a 30 cal. will "Slam Dunk Um"

so is the AB the same as XP3 if BT is the same as BAL SIL TIP???Or what is the AB equiv. in Winchester

The AccuBond equivalent in Winchester loaded ammo says BONDED after the weight on the bullets, I think it says AccuBond somewhere on the box also. The Ballistic Silvertip is a coated Nosler Ballistic Tip. Scotty

barthowes":v5lv6t9y said:
so is the AB the same as XP3 if BT is the same as BAL SIL TIP???Or what is the AB equiv. in Winchester

If Winchester loads Accubonds, Ballistic Tips, or Ballistic Silver Tip the box will state that. Those bullets are manufactured by Nosler and coated by Winchester.

The XP3 bullet is manufactured by Winchester and I don't recall the specifics on it to say if it's a bonded bullet like the AccuBond. If I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me.

Back