Come on warmer weather.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
Got several rifles I want to mess with this spring. The 35 Whelen I had JES rebore for me will get some time.

This is one on the list for sure. Only shot it one time at the range and it produced the best group I ever shot at 200 yds. Cleaned it and put it away. Think I shot 10 shots out of it total. Anxious to see what it will do with more testing. If nothing else I have to get it out to see if it grew old on me and lost its looks. :)

Got several rifles I want to mess with this spring. The 35 Whelen I had JES rebore for me will get some time.

This is one on the list for sure. Only shot it one time at the range and it produced the best group I ever shot at 200 yds. Cleaned it and put it away. Think I shot 10 shots out of it total. Anxious to see what it will do with more testing. If nothing else I have to get it out to see if it grew old on me and lost its looks. :)

Indeed, a handsome rifle that any gun crank would be pleased to carry.

Man the prettiest stuff follows you home! I'm with you though- spring cant come soon enough! CL

Thanks all. Not sure I'll even hunt with this rifle. Remains to be seen. Like the rest of us I have other more than capable rifles I use. Wouldn't see the reason to needlessly mark or booger it up in the field, but I wouldn't be against using it either. We shall see.

Bought it because it was at a price that was substantially undervalued in my opinion, and I hadn't seen another with that nice of wood on it. Never is a bad idea to be in possession of a good rifle bought at a under valued price if you can do it.

If it shows me other results within reasonable expectations of this, I don't have to hunt with it or take game with it to immensly enjoy it. (y) It set a high bar from here on out is the only bad thing.

Thanks all. Not sure I'll even hunt with this rifle. Remains to be seen. Like the rest of us I have other more than capable rifles I use. Wouldn't see the reason to needlessly mark or booger it up in the field, but I wouldn't be against using it either. We shall see.

Bought it because it was at a price that was substantially undervalued in my opinion, and I hadn't seen another with that nice of wood on it. Never is a bad idea to be in possession of a good rifle bought at a under valued price if you can do it.

If it shows me other results within reasonable expectations of this, I don't have to hunt with it or take game with it to immensly enjoy it. (y) It set a high bar from here on out is the only bad thing.

Seems that the 30-06 likes the 4350 burn rate. My FN 30-06 shoots the same way with 4350.

Back