Cooper Arms - company review

geo":2yf9lj8i said:
Thanks for the photo tour. That looked like a great time. I don't post much and I don't want to sound like am am bragging but I have had a Cooper rifle for a few years. It's a 280AI and it does shoot well. This is some early work with the Nosler E-Tip at 100yrds

This photo is the E-tip at 200yards

Nothing wrong with those groups; they merit bragging. The rifle is important, but the rifleman must still control the firing. Good job.

WOW, can't believe I missed this. Awesome pictures David, just awesome. Our local gun shop has a small amount of Coopers. They don't sell very quickly, but that is more about their price rather than their quality. Every single Cooper I have ever handled has been amazing.

I have been looking at some other rifles lately, for a future purchase and the Cooper is pretty high on the list, along with Sako and Weatherby as well. Joel ran a few Coopers and he is very picky about his firearms. He could never say a bad word about one of them.

I know you want the CRF, but danged if a Cooper wouldn't be a truly awesome set up. Plus, they already make a few 280 and 280 Ackleys.. Might be an easy pickup! HA!

Again, great pictures.

Geo, awesome pictures. That right there is really motivating!

Thanks guys. The speed of that load was not great compared to what a 280AI can do. It was running just over 2700fps. It was a starting load and I was doing a C.O.A.L test to determine the best seating depth of the E-tip. I believe I've settled for .90 off the lands.

geo":19eoli15 said:
Thanks guys. The speed of that load was not great compared to what a 280AI can do. It was running just over 2700fps. It was a starting load and I was doing a C.O.A.L test to determine the best seating depth of the E-tip. I believe I've settled for .90 off the lands.

The ET is a bullet I haven't worked with very much, but man, it looks plenty accurate!

Those shops are so cool I took a tour of the Pac-Nor shop when I sent off my first actions. Very impressive. When a shop is willing to take the time to do that for a customer that shows to me that they will treat their customers very well. David you should've got the stock for your custom while you were there!!!

Very, very nice!

Damn you! Now I want one too! LOL

But what caliber to choose??? 221 Fireball...6.5 x 284 or 6.5 Creedmoor....

Blkram":okqkbsrz said:
Very, very nice!

Damn you! Now I want one too! LOL

But what caliber to choose??? 221 Fireball...6.5 x 284 or 6.5 Creedmoor....
The guy that showed me around down there said they kind of like the 6.5-06 a lot. It has everything the 6.5 x 284 has and it feeds a lot better. He said they have to work at the 6.5 x 284 to get them to really feed nicely.

Glad I could help. Not sure how I resisted so well considering as I saw it all firsthand.

6mm Remington":17sjz07d said:
Hogwild they use Wilson barrels but upon customer request will use a Lilja if so stipulated.

I think I would prefer the Lilja Barrel myself :lol: maybe in a 6.5x284 ?

I was fortunate enough to pick up a Model 22 Custom Classic in 257 Roberts a few years ago...thanks for showing me where it came from...very impressive...I would love to take that tour some day...

Cheers/bg

Nice pics David -
I was fortunate enough to go through the plant in 2006 while on a business trip. It is a great little gun shop! They do shoot well and the attention to detail is a nice surprise.

G'Day Fella's,

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Donuts!!!
Wow, absolutely STUNNING!!!
6mm Rem, Thank You for posting those great images!!!

Doh!
Homer

6mm Remington":1ss35y1l said:
PHOTOGRAPHS HAVE BEEN ADDED!!!

I've been meaning to stop in at Cooper Arms in Stevensville Montana for quite a while especially since they are only 30 minutes from my door. Yesterday I went in and a very nice lady met me at the door and asked if she could help me. She showed me to a room with several of their rifles on the wall that I could look at and slobber all over. Then she asks me if I wanted to take the tour?? :grin: :p Must be kidding right. That's an awful silly question.

A couple minutes later a nice fellow meets me and we begin the tour. For the next 30-45 minutes he took me through the complete plant where I got to see work being done of rough stocks of bar steel to me made into actions, to the milling, the stocks, triggers, barrels, checkering, chambering, reloading, test firing, the whole deal. I'm only sorry I never thought to take pictures to share with you guys so you could see the Cooper factory as I did.

The man assured me that if you call Cooper and you have an issue with any of their rifles, first you will get to speak with a real person and not a computer, and second, they will assist you in any way they can. The whole experience left me pretty impressed and they sure turn out a very fine product. Dang it though I still want that controlled round feed Winchester .280 Remington!!

Maybe if I get just a bit of encouragement from you folks and you would be interested, I would go back down again and go through with the guy and take pictures this time and then I could show to EVERYONE. I would think they would not mind at all as it would certainly be some good exposure for them. Let me know if anyone wants to see some pictures and I'll force myself to go back!! :shock: :lol:

I was impressed with the company.

I added a bunch of pictures guys!!

Wow, remarkable self control!

I have always admired there Rifles. Great Pictures, one day I will have to own one & the question will be what Caliber. I'm thinking ?

I hope you get the caliber ya wish for as I just like to see this post at the top of the list! I suspect I will have a few of them when I inherit a gun vault :(

Back