Custom Rifle Pics!

Wow, what a bunch of beautiful rifles guys! Man, all of them are just slick and truly great rigs.

SJB358":2ta15v8x said:
Wow, what a bunch of beautiful rifles guys! Man, all of them are just slick and truly great rigs.

Indeed, some very fine shooting instruments fellas.

Ridge,

All your bolt guns are backwards. :grin: The 338 Edge build is gonna be nice. Hope you get a chance to try out the new 338 300 gr AB's.

JD338

Guy Miner":36fvi371 said:
Badger Ord scope base and rings. Sorry, my friend Glen Seekins wasn't making bases and rings when I put this together long ago or I'd have used his stuff. Relatively simple 1" tube 4.5-14x Leupold.

Are you using a flat base, or a canted base?

JD338":nq4a3q3u said:
Ridge,

All your bolt guns are backwards. :grin: The 338 Edge build is gonna be nice. Hope you get a chance to try out the new 338 300 gr AB's.

JD338
For the life of me I can't figure out how you guys hit anything with those "2nds" rifles, y'all need to find smiths who will put the crank on the right left side!
RR

"Are you using a flat base, or a canted base?"

BK - on this .308, I'm using a flat base. Never really intended to take it beyond 600 yards, and it really needed to be ON at 100 yards. I've had problems getting a scope zeroed at 100 yards when using a 20 MOA base, so I stayed with a flat Badger base for the Rem. Found that I've had no problems with it to 800+ yards.

I do have a 20 MOA base on my .300 WSM Win Model 70.

Great News!!! Just got off the phone and they're shipping my new barrel/action today. I hope to get it on Wednesday or Thursday!

Interesting to me though he couldn't replace my trigger with an aftermarket Timney...in talking with the smith he said the remington 700 action trigger "slot" was tapered adn he was able to fit it in without altering my action? you ever heard of this?

I wouldn't call it a custom but it's certainly not stock. Weatherby Vanguard rebarrelled to a 6mm-.284 with a 26" Pac-Nor 1 in 9" twist, medium contour with micro flutes, Timney trigger set to 2.5lbs stocked in a B&C Medalist that has been repainted with a rubber infused paint - real grippy. Scoped with a VX3 4.5x14 - varmint reticle in Tally rings & bases. All the metal is Cerekoted "Leupold" black. It shoots 95gr Bergers at just under 3600fps. Took my antelope buck this year at 453yds with it.

Scott

044.jpg

Oh, man, you've been holding out on us! That's a sweet rig, in a sweet chambering! What was it originally? LA or SA?

Kurt,
It's built on a short action. The load I mentioned is at an OAL of 3.074 letting me max out the powder. It shoots pretty well too. My best with it is a 2.58" group at 300yds and I can ring my 8" gong at 413yds just about everytime.
Thanks guys!

Scott

muleman":9tdzm507 said:
Kurt,
It's built on a short action. The load I mentioned is at an OAL of 3.074 letting me max out the powder. It shoots pretty well too. My best with it is a 2.58" group at 300yds and I can ring my 8" gong at 413yds just about everytime.
Thanks guys!

Scott

Good shooting....I wish I had room for 400yds to put out a gong! ;-)

muleman":2izpgq9w said:
Kurt,
Thanks guys!

Scott

Uh oh... wheels are turning in my scrambled noggin...

How does it feed? Any problems with the fat .284 case? Who did the work?

Kurt,
I have 300 rounds fired out of this gun. Never a feeding problem even when it was getting cranked hard for second shots at coyotes. There has not been any work to the magazine or feed ramps. I have to correct myself on the OAL it's actually 2.874 - sorry I was confusing it with my 7x57 which is a longer action. This gun was only rebarrelled and coated. Just for grins I fed some 6-284 rounds through my 308's magazine they fed and cleared the magazine just fine. I didn't chamber them for obvious reasons but only cleared them from the magazine and about half way into the chamber.

Scott

375 Remington Ultra Mag, M70 Classic stainless action, Accurate Innovations laminate stock, 24 Inch PacNor barrel 1/10 twist 6 grooves, NECG custom adjustable sights, graphite black Cerakote finish.

IMG_0168.jpg

Back