CZ-USA 550 American in 6.5x55 Swede?

dakotaelkslayer":22tvnagx said:
I have the CZ550FS in 6.5x55....and I totally agree with the CZ customer service about the break in procedure. This is the first gun I have ever owned that has the same point of impact shooting from a clean barrel or dirty. Can't tell you how "picky" it is with loads.... First thing I tried was a scoup of Varget under a 100gr. ballistic tip with a crimp. Get 3050fps and under 1" so I have yet to try anything else. Got boxes of partitions, accubonds, SSTs and hot cores, but haven't shot any of 'em yet...

Jim

It doesn't look like you need to try any of the others. :lol:
If you decide to try something else, consider the 120 gr BT. It kills deer like lighting. :grin:

JD338

One of these days, I am going to let someone who can actually shoot off the bench well shoot my CZ; I pretty much stink off the bench. Sighting in this season, I should've had a 5-shot group at under 1". Shot number 4 I called, "low and right"...ended up with a 4-shot group of roughly 3/4" and a 5-shot group of 3-4"!!! Too much time to think when on the bench for me. :wink:

Jim

dakotaelkslayer":31ug4pes said:
One of these days, I am going to let someone who can actually shoot off the bench well shoot my CZ; I pretty much stink off the bench. Sighting in this season, I should've had a 5-shot group at under 1". Shot number 4 I called, "low and right"...ended up with a 4-shot group of roughly 3/4" and a 5-shot group of 3-4"!!! Too much time to think when on the bench for me. :wink:

Jim

dakotaelkslayer

Try this-

Put your rifle in sand bags, front and rear for a solid support.
Once you get behind the rifle and have the cross hairs on the bull, relax take a few controlled breaths. Now, close your eyes and relax for a few seconds and then open up your eyes. Look where your cross hairs are. Thats where your impact will be! Reajust and repeat the procedure until the cross hairs are spot on.

Also remember to control your breathing and squeeze the trigger. Try to stay away from coffee, pop and tabaco as these will get your heart rate up.
Now you are a better shot off the bench! :wink:

JD338

I love the cartridge and like the platform. I prefer the Sako 85. It's a lot smoother and refined out of the box. The CZ can be made into one helluva rifle but it takes some tweaking, IMO.

JD338":3cj8o9f4 said:
Also remember to control your breathing and squeeze the trigger. Try to stay away from coffee, pop and tabaco as these will get your heart rate up.
Now you are a better shot off the bench! :wink:

JD338

No chew and no Diet Coke??? Hmmm....I think I just may accept my shortcomings off the bench! :lol:

Jim

Back