Daughter had a short season

Congratulations to you and your daughter. Wow, what a great way for your daughter to start her season. Was this her first buck? Is so, what an introduction to the sport.

You both should be very proud. Just look at that smile on her face.

Dan

It’s her third deer, second buck, fourth hunting season.

She’s done quite well. She could have killed a buck last year too, but her chance came with two small bucks that she decided not to take. Easy shots, though.

We are very fortunate to have access to productive private land, which helps me show her more deer and more bucks.

Europe":2euxek9l said:
She did an excellent job, congratulations.

Tom, have your other daughters shown an interest in hunting also ?

My middle one is not a hunter. She does shoot a bow, but just to shoot... which is fine.

My youngest I think has some potential to be a hunter. She’s 6. It’ll take a couple more years to know more clearly.

Tom,
That's an excellent buck! Congrats to you and your daughter on her success. I sure miss hunting with my daughter who is a missionary in Rome, Italy. She is scheduled to come home for 2018 and has reminded me to slide right on over and hand over the 35 Whelen as she intends on resuming to hunt with me again! (y) I say bring it on!! :mrgreen:

Don

I stitched together this pic. I may have it printed/framed, since one like this doesn't happen often....

Megan's is the top deer, obviously. My buck and my dad's, both from archery season this year, are underneath. My grandfather never killed a buck in my lifetime, so this is the first time in my knowledge for our family to have three generations punch their buck tags in the same season.

581_E69_D0-1333-4312-_B5_A7-51_C71_A64_C42_B.jpg

That is truly a neat occasion, Tom. Or, perhaps I should say, series of events. Very neat.

Back