Deal alert ..ruger american rifles $199 at walmart..

kraky1

Handloader
Mar 7, 2012
Some guys were talking the other day on a different forum that Walmart had an unbelievable deal on RAR rifles.
A lot of Walmart employees don't even know they're on sale until they scan them.
Today I hit the local Walmart for grocery shopping and thought I'd just walk by and see if they had any sitting there and they did. They are marked $378. I told the girl I heard if she scans on them they are alot cheaper and so she did and sure enough it came up 199. I didn't need it very badly but a 243 came home with me.
Looking for a great deal on a starter rifle.... or a beater for the four wheeler or your pickup truck or tractor cab it's kind of hard to beat this deal!

Nothing on hand at the Walmart or it did not scan down?
The gal that checked me out said the rar's don't sell for them at all... she said these have been sitting for quite a while.

If your store has a RAR, it has been marked down. They need to scan the box in the back to get it to scan the correct price. They also had Marlin 1895s for $299 with a $50 rebate on top of that. One of those now graces my safe. They also had Marlin XT 17HMRs for $98 with a $25 rebate on top of that.

Well I didn't need that 243 very bad.... my buddy has had a bunch of skunks rooting around in his yard all of a sudden. He thought he could put that 243 to work so I let him have it. The day I left Walmart they had 2 308 and 2 3006 left. Two days later I got a brilliant idea that I Would buy One of the 3006 and with all the money I saved I would have the local gunsmith shorten the barrel down to 19 inches and I would have a cool woods carbine. No luck.... not a one was left. I'm guessing there's going to be a few Walmart employees hunting with Ruger Americans this fall.....lol!

I wound up with a '06 and .243 myself. As you said, I didn't really need them, but that's never stopped me before.

Back