Decisions Decisions

super-7

Handloader
Jun 27, 2009
Well lots of 30 cal bullets to play with,
Time to just fool around with a few for fun.
c9b08155377e5dc63db0fbeb49c60c9e.jpg

From L-R: 165 Speer RN, 180 Gr Speer HCBT,165 Hndy SST, 180 interloc, 180 IB,180 Nos Solidbase, 180 Sierra pro hunter.!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being as you are playing with the Wby, I'd lean to the 180 grainers. Hard to beat the Partition, the Pro-Hunter and the Interloc for cup and cores for an apples to apples comparison.

I got my best accuracy out of the 180gr Interloc out of mine when I owned it, 1/2" groups if I remember.

It's fun to play with bullets! :) Sometimes I do that so much, I have to buy a new barrel! (y)

Guy

I have a real good load with the Interbonds already developed. I wanted to load up some of these just to play with, shoot some steel, maybe run some into jugs or wet newspapers if I have time.

super-7":tocgxe4h said:
I have a real good load with the Interbonds already developed. I wanted to load up some of these just to play with, shoot some steel, maybe run some into jugs or wet newspapers if I have time.

I'd like to see that IB into some kinda media. Pretty good bonding on them.. Usually expand pretty wide in the pictures I've seen.

Just a word of caution be careful with the Hornady brass.... I've used it before and it is very good stuff but it has less case capacity than normal Weatherby..... I found a full 2 grains less powder than my favorite loads in Weatherby brass was just about right.... and made them a very good match in speed and performance. This was probably at least 10 years ago...... maybe the brass has changed..... but be careful just in case.

kraky1":2w4nsedq said:
Just a word of caution be careful with the Hornady brass.... I've used it before and it is very good stuff but it has less case capacity than normal Weatherby..... I found a full 2 grains less powder than my favorite loads in Weatherby brass was just about right.... and made them a very good match in speed and performance. This was probably at least 10 years ago...... maybe the brass has changed..... but be careful just in case.

This brass seems nice to work with so far and I worked up to 80grs if RL-22 with the 180IB.. , I also have once fired Norma brass , but I haven't done anything with it yet.

Back