Deer triple crown/grand slam question

nitis

Handloader
Dec 20, 2008
Ok so probably getting ahead I myself but with a good chance of getting drawn for a muzzleloader muley in nevada it's early enough I could feasibly go to Idaho or somewhere else for a late season over the counter white tail. And since we have blacktail a here I would have a lot covered.

Do what would you call it if I did get one of each? I have a really cool mount idea if I am successful

Going back to the very limited experience I have with darts, I'd call it a hat trick. That's three in the bullseye on one turn. Seems appropriate.

No coues deer and but it's just a little white tail but that may be need to call it a slam. But I'm going to call I a triple crown if I do it since they all will have headgear

That would be very cool, good luck this fall.

JD338

nitis":1qlekkqf said:
What would you call it if I did get one of each?

Blind luck? That would be pretty exciting, nevertheless. Best of luck in getting the opportunity.

Good luck on your " triple crown"!!! Not that many of us need an excuse to hit the woods but sometimes setting goals helps peek interest . Be patient put some time in scouting and if your going to do it hold out for quality animals, now that depends on the areas your hunting and expectations but I think you get the jist of what I am saying.

Yes, I would call it a heck of a good hunting season indeed. I lack the black tail, and don't see it in the cards, but you sure do have a great opportunity and I hope it really turns out well for you.

I will admit that I am probably one of very few here whom, has never killed a Whitetail deer. It is by far the most common US species but I have never had the opportunity.

Tell you what, Elkman. I'll make a trade with you. I'll get you on a white-tail, if you'll trade me out something in your neck of the woods. White-tails are easy, everybody says. They are - right up until you start having to outsmart them in order to see them and get shot opportunities. They have a calendar and know when hunting season opens and closes.

dubyam":1wjdr9ms said:
Tell you what, Elkman. I'll make a trade with you. I'll get you on a white-tail, if you'll trade me out something in your neck of the woods. White-tails are easy, everybody says. They are - right up until you start having to outsmart them in order to see them and get shot opportunities. They have a calendar and know when hunting season opens and closes.

WOW!! You said it all and summed it up about the Whitetail, yes, that is how it is especially if you want the big one. :mrgreen:

Elkman,

I'll trade you a southwestern whitetail, coues (whitetail sub-species), for a deer in your area.

Vince":ry1n929s said:
Elkman,

I'll trade you a southwestern whitetail, coues (whitetail sub-species), for a deer in your area.

Are you directing that to me :mrgreen: ? If so we might could work something out and if not directed at me then repent and let it be me! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Vince says, I will trade you a southwestern whitetail, coues (whitetail sub-species), for a deer in your area.
dubyam wrote: I'll make a trade with you. I'll get you on a white-tail, if you'll trade me out something in your neck of the woods.

I am overwhelmed ! You guys do not want to trade with me!!!!!! I could never post here again. !!! Our deer here are Blacktails, they are a small deer, around 100 lbs. with small horns, really nothing to get excited about. They are great eating, difficult to hunt, unless they are in my yard, and not worth traveling any distance to hunt. I don't want to sound too negative because there are a lot of people that hunt them, in Washington, Oregon and California. but that's my .02

Elkman":1urylyrh said:
Vince
Elkman,
The offer stands. :
Your Blacktail sounds like my Whitetail.

Lets talk about it, I have sent you a PM

Your PM must've got lost in the mail. :grin:

I'm all ears. If you want to jump in on AZ whitetail give me a shout.

Vince

The dream of a triple crown hit a minor setback last night as I found out I did not draw the muzzleloader tag that would have been key to making it happen.

I still have a real good chance at getting a mule deer tag here in California. But with my dad and brother getting late season cow tags in nevada and the fact that I will be gone in October instead of September could prove to be a bit challenging to get away to Idaho in November.

nitis":3ovbsnuu said:
The dream of a triple crown hit a minor setback last night as I found out I did not draw the muzzleloader tag that would have been key to making it happen.

I still have a real good chance at getting a mule deer tag here in California. But with my dad and brother getting late season cow tags in nevada and the fact that I will be gone in October instead of September could prove to be a bit challenging to get away to Idaho in November.

Still sounds like a good hunting season.

Back