Die refurbishing

gunrunnerz

Beginner
Jun 10, 2008
Does anyone know of a gunsmith or machine shop that will refurbish and polish dies. I was given several that were 'barn stored' for a number of years. I have been able to clean up the outer surface on a couple but its gonna take some one with the right equipment. Also would they give a break on a bulk number. Any info you folks can share would be appreciated.

Most firms will replace them.
If not try a small drill with some oil soaked 0000 steel wool.

If they are RCBS you might give them a call and see what they offer. They are real good about most things pertaining to their equipment and might fix you up cheap or for the price of shipping.

Ol` Joe":duk29b86 said:
If they are RCBS you might give them a call and see what they offer. They are real good about most things pertaining to their equipment and might fix you up cheap or for the price of shipping.

+1
RCBS is first class with customer service.

JD338

Give us a list of what dies you have!! Someone on here might be willing to take some of the load off your hands.

gunrunnerz":3q1jtx2y said:
Does anyone know of a gunsmith or machine shop that will refurbish and polish dies. I was given several that were 'barn stored' for a number of years. I have been able to clean up the outer surface on a couple but its gonna take some one with the right equipment. Also would they give a break on a bulk number. Any info you folks can share would be appreciated.
You can use FLITZ to clean dies.

Back