Dillon 650 press

Laker_Taker

Beginner
Aug 17, 2007
Does anyone use one of these? I just purchased one in 40 caliber. i go though a lot of 40 cal and the old Rock chucker just takes to much time to load 100. Any thoughts or suggestions on one if you own one?

thanks
LT

GREAT press! I have 2 RL550b's for pistol, and .223 loads, and 2 RCBS Rock Chuckers for the rest of my bottle neck loads. I plan on adding a 650 once I finish my new reloading shop. I have ran a 650 a few times, and really love loading on them. From my observation a case feeder is a must, and the Strong Mount, or Inline Fab's Strong Mount is a must also on the 650. Just make sure your celeings are high enough for the case feeder, and strong mount together.

P.S. I would suggest upgrading to the Aluminum Roller handle.

Haven't tried a 650 yet...

It's tempting!

A Dillon 550, a Rockchucker and an arbor press with Wilson dies are my three ways to load.

Guy

I have one set up for 45ACP and 9mm Luger. Get the case feeder. I did not get the bullet feeder as I want to place the bullets myself. Get a Dillon primer flip tray and extra primer tubes.

Take the time to thoroughly read the manual and get it set up right. Out of the box, you will have issues with powder spilling out of the cases when the shell plate snaps into position. There are a few things you can do to minimize this. The XL650 is a great press and you can make some accurate ammo on it. I load 10mm, 40s&w, .308 win, and .300 win mag on mine.

You'll really like the Dillon, I wouldn't be without mine. I have the dedicated to 40S&W, 9mm, & .45ACP. I'm planning on adding either the SL900 or RCBS Grand for 12 Gauge.

Back