Down to 2 ???

Wis65x55":1vk6nddz said:
Minox+1,
Purchases a Minox 3-9X40 BDC earlier this fall, Will get the 2-10 as soon as I have the cash!
Keith

You'll not regret owning the Minox. This is a scope that will serve you well.

My son used his new ZA5 and absolutely loved it. He had a look through my VX6 and stated he preferred his ZA5 :cry:

Blessings,
Dan

wisconsinteacher":c04n7uxb said:
Well, I just ordered the Minox 3-15x42 with the .01 binos. Merry Christmas to me. I am now broke.

Yeah, but you'll be happy for many years to come. :grin:

DrMike":25ed0pww said:
wisconsinteacher":25ed0pww said:
Well, I just ordered the Minox 3-15x42 with the .01 binos. Merry Christmas to me. I am now broke.

Yeah, but you'll be happy for many years to come. :grin:

Broke is just part of the deal!

wisconsinteacher":1ayy0a0w said:

Nah, you're not broke. You just converted some liquid assets to something more "durable." You'll be well served by that Minox, I'm sure.

I canceled the order. The .01 binos do not come with this scope. So now I am thinking the Leupold again or maybe just spending the 379.99 on the Minox. The big choices of the week are killing me. Is it worth the extra $50 for the Minox?

Hard choice. I have both Minox and Leupold and my last purchase was a VX-3 Leupold which I am quite happy with. Good luck on that.

wisconsinteacher":2z1sg7mo said:
I canceled the order. The .01 binos do not come with this scope. So now I am thinking the Leupold again or maybe just spending the 379.99 on the Minox. The big choices of the week are killing me. Is it worth the extra $50 for the Minox?

WT, it's a lot of scope for under 400. Look up the price of a 4.5x14 Zeiss Conquest. That will give you an idea of what kind of scope your getting for your money. I would stick with a ZA5 Minox over a Vx2 all day long and twice on Sunday. No comparison.

SJB358":8sd2j3tm said:
wisconsinteacher":8sd2j3tm said:

WT, it's a lot of scope for under 400. Look up the price of a 4.5x14 Zeiss Conquest. That will give you an idea of what kind of scope your getting for your money. I would stick with a ZA5 Minox over a Vx2 all day long and twice on Sunday. No comparison.

Well stated. WT, listen to the voice of reason that grows out of experience.

WT, for the money there is nothing that really can compete with the Minox.
They are a fine piece of glass for the dollar.

Blessings,
Dan

SJB358":3s39ocvj said:
wisconsinteacher":3s39ocvj said:

Scotty, I was comparing the VX-3 to the Minox ZA5. not the VX2. I mostly use scopes which go to 10X and up the VX-3 compares more closely to the ZA-5.

Gotcha, makes sense Charlie. VX3's are still a good choice no matter what your putting it on.

I know it's a lot of money, but if you're not convinced on the Minox, MidwayUSA is having a strong sale on the Conquest right now:

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?promotion ... =100969317

A 4.5-14x44 with either the Z-Plex or #4 reticle for $599 is a phenomenal deal. I have this scope in silver with the Z-Plex reticle on my 300Wby and it's as good as I can use, and then some. I could easily shoot until 20min after legal shooting hours, if I were of the mind to break the law. I'm not, of course.

I understand that $599 is a lot of money, but I also understand that if you're not sold on the Minox, you're going to spend more and get less scope if you go the route of Leupold. Either the Minox or the Conquest is the best thing going in optics right now, IMO. Binocular giveaway or not.

Well after thinking about it in the tree stand the last few days, I ordered the Minox again. I see it as an investment.

Back