DrMike

Having spent a great deal of time with the good Dr at the loading bench, the rifle range, and out in the field hunting and river fishing over a 20 year span, I can tell you all that it has been a great experience, a sharing of a wealth of knowledge, and our fair share of laughing, teasing and joking!

My wife still giggles and almost pees herself every time she recalls our driving along a road in the mountains hunting black bear, when I noticed Mike taking a short snooze. And even though I had done this before, I could not resist in doing so again, with a new witness in the truck...
I hit the brakes and shouted "Bear!!!".
The good Dr came unglued!
His head snapped up, swivelling left and right to locate the bruin, asking "Where, where???, droll and spittle slathering the insides of the truck windshield and side window.
His bullets that he had been holding in his hand went flying about the cab of the truck as he fumbled for the door handle, and trying to grab his rifle nestled beside him, totally forgetting that would not be able to get out of the truck while still wearing his seat belt.
After a moment or two of no reply as to the location of the non-existent bear, and his realization that Susan and I were laughing so loud, he chastised me for being so cruel to an elder!
I kindly reminded him that despite his age and health condition, it is still good to achieve his target heartrate each day!;)

But don't be fooled, he gets his licks in too!
There was an incident on the "Aunt Road" that he and Susan laughed and giggled about non-stop for a couple of hours, and still tease me about to this day!

All part of the adventure!
It's the memories we make with family and friends that keep us smiling for years afterwards.

Thanks, Gil.:cautious: By the way, how is your aunt?:giggle: Only too glad to have had Susan as a witness to that exchange. It has always been a joy to share a hunt with you two.

Well count me in here! Dr. Mike has been complementary to the hunting efforts and results I've shared with my son. Every year I can count on birthday wishes from him here on the forum - just about the only ones I get from anyone anymore. Doc is a big ray of sunshine for me in this otherwise crazy existence!

Thanks to DrMike! A wealth of knowledge, and always so helpful. And thanks for all those quickload’s you have ran for me in the past.

Thanks to Dr. Mike, he is full of wealth of knowledge and wisdom and is always helpful. He gets on point when folks requests help with Quickload as well.
Good job Dr. Mike, we need more guys like you.

Yep. a valued memeber for sure, and set me on the right path several times. Especially with my 280 Rem and 270 WSM..So many great guys on here, you'd about have to have a roll call to give them a shout out. Also, and it's not usually needed by the regular members, but every so often someone shows up and tries to be a butt, and the Mods to a great job giving them the "Bye Felicia" treatment.

Mike is my shooting mentor. I can’t count the number of emails, PMs or calls we’ve exchanged over the years since we joined this place about the same time, but he has been an excellent mentor and friend to me for quite a spell. Really enjoy talking with him and he has continually made my gun room bulge from his nudges about this or that cartridge/rifle/etc…. Great man!

Back