E-tip reloading data.

JimW

Beginner
Nov 15, 2007
Are the powder charges listed for the other Nosler 180 gr. bullets interchangable for the e-tip, or do they need to be modified for the all copper bullet? Thanks

Actually it is not really all copper. I beleve there is some zinc alloy in there also. If you start at the starting loads of the 180 Partition and work up, you will be fine.

Have you shot the E-Tip yet, POP? I'm interested, as I just ordered some of the seconds and will be trying them out after this hunting season, hopefully. I wonder if they reach peak prior to the Partition or the Ballistic Tips? (I wonder this mainly because I notice that most data show Partitions loaded to slightly lower max charges than traditional monolithic lead cores, and Barnes to even lower max charges than Partitions. I assume it is due to the construction of both the Barnes and the Partition being harder to compress than mono-lead-core bullets, but I could be wrong.)

No I have not yet.
My Savage has not arrived from the Savage Custom Shop yet and I want to use my AB's and PT's first. This will be my one and only 30 cal.

I have also bought some 2nds and plan on trying them in a 300 Win Mag.
Currently I am loading 180gr North Forks ahead of 74.5 gr's of RL22 and a WLR primer. The North Fork bullet has a solid copper base which is grooved like the Barnes TSX.

Sooooooo, if what I am reading is correct about the E-Tip I would think that I should be able to load it the same as the North Forks. However, for safty reasons I will start at 72.5 gr's of RL 22 and work up or down from there.

DevilDawg":2wgo5dw8 said:
I have also bought some 2nds and plan on trying them in a 300 Win Mag.
Currently I am loading 180gr North Forks ahead of 74.5 gr's of RL22 and a WLR primer. The North Fork bullet has a solid copper base which is grooved like the Barnes TSX.

Sooooooo, if what I am reading is correct about the E-Tip I would think that I should be able to load it the same as the North Forks. However, for safty reasons I will start at 72.5 gr's of RL 22 and work up or down from there.

I feel that if Mike Brady re-shapes them Northforks to a more aerodynamic format (he told me he is working on this lately) he will have one of the best ever devised bullet!

Yes, with the e-tip start slow work up, use 30 180 Partition data.

Pop, Mike is working on his new bullets as we speak. The original set of dies he got were a .001+ or so undersize so he is awaiting new dies to start production.

Back