Electronic Powder Measure

I have a smaller reloading room . I have three 4ft fluorescent lights in it . I'm guessing less than 3 ft above my tables . I use a FX120i scale . I've had no problems with the lighting messing with my scale . I think drafts are way more important to worry about . you can see my scale , and the lights in this pic . I have read about guys having problems though .

P6080078.JPG

My first was the Pact digital scale and dispenser, which work well but required two different power supplies and took up a lot of room on my bench. I've since upgraded/replaced it with a RCBS Chargemaster Lite. I kept the Pact for a backup.
available at Amazon

Pact Digital Reloading Scale and Dispenser​

I still have that Pact...still going after 20 years...hate the two different power supplies,

I have a smaller reloading room . I have three 4ft fluorescent lights in it . I'm guessing less than 3 ft above my tables . I use a FX120i scale . I've had no problems with the lighting messing with my scale . I think drafts are way more important to worry about . you can see my scale , and the lights in this pic . I have read about guys having problems though .

View attachment 16158
Appreciate the picture. Big help. Your set up is similar to mine. My lights are about a foot lower. Think it won't be an issue now. Thanks, Dan.

I've been using the RCBS system since the late 90's. I have replaced the fluorescent lights with LED's on the ceiling and under the wall cabinets in the loading room to insure against interference. But the thing I noted that most dramatically affects my set up is temperature. My loading room is in a small and unheated area of my basement. I must turn the scale and powder dispenser on and let them warm up about 15-20 minutes ; then I get excellent results and consistency. This was the best thing I ever did for my reloading; it speeds things up and makes creating excellent ammo fun and efficient. In the 90's it was hard to justify $400 for this purpose [things are a bit cheaper today], but I have never regretted spending the money. My old system is two separate units [a digital scale and an electronic powder dispenser] that "talk " to each other via small IR ports that need to be physically aligned when working. I've enjoyed watching the technology develop and improve. Some day I may be convinced to upgrade; but for now everything still works great!

I have been using the RCBS chargemaster 1500 for at least 10 years and would have a hard time going back to just my RCBS10-10 balance beam scale as my only scale. I have never had any issues with the Chargemaster. I have LED lights above it and a dedicated electrical circuit to provide it with clean power.

"Do these work well with flake powders? I like unique but hate weighing it."

According to RCBS, the Chargemaster Lite is supposed to be more accurate with flake powders. When I use Unique in a load I run the charges from an RCBS Unifkow powder measure. I only weigh every tenth charge. When doing large batches of handgun ammo, the electronic measures are too slow. I can charge 4 or 5 cases with the uniflow in the time it takes for the Chargemaster Lite to drop and weigh a charge. FWIW, I have both the Chargemaster 1500 and a Chargemaster Lite. I like them for doing load work ups and long runs for rifle (100 to 200 rounds) Last handgun run I did was 1,800+ rounds of .38 Spl. and I load on a single stage press. I have a Dillon 500 but it's set up for 9MM. I never bought dies for the .38/357 for use on the Dillon.
Paul B.

Back