Elk with 150 grain ABLR (280 Rem)

SJB358":23ber3y4 said:
Nice! That is very encouraging Mike. At least to me. That is heavy muscle and bone in that area, so that bullet taking that hit at near muzzle velocity says alot to me.

Hoping you can take a moose with one as well Mike. I am betting you'll find a bullet. Should be a tasty test too!

There is little doubt in my mind that the bullet took a lickin' and kept on tickin'. It did the job, and with aplomb. Yeah, moose will be another great test for the bullet. I'm finally getting some work done on the 280 Ross. If I get it working like I want, I may yet be able to use it on a black bear or a whitetail. That, also, should be a fun shoot.

Yeah, the Ross is very cool. Looking forward to your year of 7mm's! Well, 7mm's plus a little more for the Ross...

Okay Dr Mike stop talking about how good those Rib Eyes were as my mouth is watering!!!! :mrgreen:

Don

Okay, Don, I've quit talking about how good the rib eye is. Can you see the warm glow of my contended smile even down in the south? :mrgreen:

Dr Mike,
I thought it was just a good sunny day here but I'm mistaken, it's just you smiling from the North! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Congrats on the success, you done good!!

Don

Now, if I could just find time to slip out into the bush for a young moose. It has turned cooler, and the hunting should be much better as the animals will be moving.

Mike, your description of dinner has started me thinking of our first Elk steak meal coming in the next week or 2 :wink:. We have the draw Moose season starting @ the farm on Oct 15th but we won't be going out until the 19th. After placing both a Elk & a Moose in the freezer I really hope to be very fussy on my Whitetail buck this year!
Almost forgot we have 2 Mulie does to take as well :).

PS. Have I ever told anyone this is my favourite time of the year :mrgreen:
Blessings,
Dan

I can tag a whitetail at any time since September 10 through November 30. I'm keeping my eyes open for a black bear, preferably a six footer at least.

orchemo":2pod7uee said:
I need some of these 150 LRAB for a Rem 280 Mountian rifle I have coming.
Congrats! Pictures!! :twisted:

In all seriousness, I've got those things on deck in my own .280, after I get done with the 150 PTs...

I have been remiss in keeping up with my Nosler friends recently, to many hunts to many miles. But congratulations to both you Mike and Dan on your success. Keep it up and those freezers will be full soon. !

Elkman":1efp7ap8 said:
I have been remiss in keeping up with my Nosler friends recently, to many hunts to many miles. But congratulations to both you Mike and Dan on your success. Keep it up and those freezers will be full soon. !

Appreciate you words, Bill. You and Scotty didn't do badly yourself.

Back