Exit hole on moose - photo's

c-ne-elk

Beginner
Feb 2, 2006
Here is a photo of two side by side exit holes that were behind the shoulder of my moose in the previous post. The exit holes in the hide were about the size of a quarter. 180 grain Nolser Partitions, .300 Weatherby Mag. This is the damage done after traveling over 400 ranged yards! The interior arteries were wasted and he left a blood trail that Ray Charles could have followed.

exithole.jpg
[/img]

c-ne-elk

Looks like excellent performance! Congratulations again on your bull.

JD338

Looks like they did the job well. And you did an excellent job butchering. How much boneless meat do you think you got off of him?

Long

I'm not sure exactly how much meat I got off the moose. I have processed many, many elk over the years and have weighed several elk. A really big bull elk will get about 300 lbs. of meat (no bones) and this moose far surpassed that. I'm sure I had 450 to 500 lbs of pure meat.

I had two, 120 quart coolers that were full and a 80 quart cooler that was over 1/2 full. It was everything 2 grown men could do to lift the 120 quart coolers.

And boy is he tasty! VERY tender!

Mark,

See post below titled, Wyoming Moose & Antelope, Photo's for more photo's.

c-ne-elk":17vilq4z said:
Mark,

See post below titled, Wyoming Moose & Antelope, Photo's for more photo's.

No Link!

JD338

No link needed, it's another "Topic" in this Hunting Forum entitled, "Wyoming Moose and Antelope w/ Photo's"

I bumped it so it will be next to this topic.

Back