Favorite 22LR of all time?

My .22LR presently is a Model 63 Winchester (shown below). It is quite reliable and pretty accurate for a semi-auto that was originally designed for production in 1933 (or 1906 for the precursor) and has a terrible semi auto trigger. I have had this rifle for 12 years and it is the longest that I have ever owned a specific .22LR. This rifle has smacked many small varmits since I have had it. For the life of me, I can not figure out why I sold most of the other perfectly good model of .22LR's that I owned? There must have been a reason?

WinchesterMod63.jpg

My favorite is the Ruger 96/22. It's a lever version of the 10/22 and it's just an awesome little gun. Save you a little ammo since you have to crank each round in. My other is the one my grandpa gave us boys. Its a Remington 37 Targetmaster. It has factory peep sights and then a old target scope from the 1940's it's just awesome. You can take an eye out of a rabbit @ 100 yards all day long. Only draw back is it takes special low velocity ammo and it weighs 15 pounds its a beast!

nvbroncrider":2ococ6qe said:
Save you a little ammo since you have to crank each round in.

Maybe, but I bet it doesn't save you that much! I know I can crank them out of my Remington 572 pump pretty darn fast! :mrgreen:

Back