Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lehigh Defense

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Berger

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other o

Votes: 5 9.8%

• Total voters
I noticed the other day a few Canadian online dealers posted some new stock for Nosler accubonds and ballistic tips. Not much but still nice to see it show up. The prices are pretty steep at :

70$ CAD for .270 130 NAB
50$ CAD for .308 150 Ballistic tips
84$ CAD for .308 150 NAB

At those prices I'll pass. Pretty happy i saw the storm coming and stocked up a good amount of Ballistic tips, accubonds, and partitions for my 8mm right at the start of Covid :)

Hornady!! For consistent availability, their production is only a ninety minute drive, and I prefer to cater to businesses in my state!

Last edited:
If availability was entered into the question I would have to go with Barnes , Hornady and Speer in that order; Barnes and Hornady were pretty much always available even throughout the pandemic.

Hornady but I haven't forgotten the Vaccine mandate stunt....they almost lost me and I'm still on the edge. Which really stinks because they have a good product at a good price.
Please elaborate

Something can be a favorite, even if I can't get it.
Fair enough but you're technically speaking.
Most reloaders don't have the foresight to see an end nearing and stock pile box upon box of bullets.
Or some shoot more than just for hunting and that stock won't last.

I just look at it from a realist POV...
If I can't get something it's hard to consider it a favorite.
It WAS a favorite but once axed it's irrelevant
Just my .02

If availability was entered into the question I would have to go with Barnes , Hornady and Speer in that order; Barnes and Hornady were pretty much always available even throughout the pandemic.
I paid zero attention to Barnes during the fiasco of the flu as they just have a bad rep with me from long ago.

I assume their product was mostly available by your statement catalog wide. That's a great thing and good for them!!

Whoever I can fmj's from in whichever caliber I'm loading for! The rest is a gamble! 1 reason those can clean a coyote's ear very clean!

Fair enough but you're technically speaking.
Most reloaders don't have the foresight to see an end nearing and stock pile box upon box of bullets.
Or some shoot more than just for hunting and that stock won't last.

I just look at it from a realist POV...
If I can't get something it's hard to consider it a favorite.
It WAS a favorite but once axed it's irrelevant
Just my .02
Good points, all.

Not when they tear the crap out of your crops, you'll only be mad!
I've no idea what you're saying.

I was making a joke...you are in Texas I assume based on your handle...
I know they shoot pigs from a helicopter there...

Which I want to do someday

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I've no idea what you're saying.

I was making a joke...you are in Texas I assume based on your handle...
I know they shoot pigs from a helicopter there...

Which I want to do someday

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I've done that and coyotes from a helo when my dad would fly. We had 50 sections to hunt on our own property. Dad is no longer here or the helo and not so many sections either. Those pigs/hogs destroy tons of farm ground and pasture for cattle. That's where remark was pointed. I need some trained tigers, mountain lions or lions to keep the property safe from all that does damage.

I've done that and coyotes from a helo when my dad would fly. We had 50 sections to hunt on our own property. Dad is no longer here or the helo and not so many sections either. Those pigs/hogs destroy tons of farm ground and pasture for cattle. That's where remark was pointed. I need some trained tigers, mountain lions or lions to keep the property safe from all that does damage.
I've a lot of ammo ready to go and several well armed sons too...

Anytime brotha!!

Interesting someone said woodleigh. Since their shop burnt down a year or two so ago they have been non existent (duh) but they have been awful at supplying information as to if or when they are rebuilding. I suspect they didn’t even know-insurance or what have you. Just this year they are starting to build bullets again. . .

Barnes is near my home-they cannot keep staff and are hiring constantly-I’ve heard they aren’t great to work for but it’s an avaialble employment option.

Last month at sportsman’s expo I spoke with owner of Swift bullets. He said same thing, can’t keep good employees or enough staff. Also mentioned raw materials hard to get. Was very vocal about the current political environment.

Interesting someone said woodleigh. Since their shop burnt down a year or two so ago they have been non existent (duh) but they have been awful at supplying information as to if or when they are rebuilding. I suspect they didn’t even know-insurance or what have you. Just this year they are starting to build bullets again. . .

Barnes is near my home-they cannot keep staff and are hiring constantly-I’ve heard they aren’t great to work for but it’s an avaialble employment option.

Last month at sportsman’s expo I spoke with owner of Swift bullets. He said same thing, can’t keep good employees or enough staff. Also mentioned raw materials hard to get. Was very vocal about the current political environment.
I believe Woodleigh might be producing bullets again. Their website state they have rebuilt.
As far as finding good employees everyone is in the same boat. I’ve been at my current employer for 23 yrs. When I started it was darn near impossible to get in , now we hire any rift raft off the street that may make 1 month on the job.

Back