Finally got out with the Sako and the 2.5 x 8 Leupy

longwinters

Handloader
Oct 10, 2004
Sat was the day for one of my boys and I to get to the range and site in a couple of rifles with their new scopes. Josh had his Sako 270 with my (now his) Conquest 3.5 x 10 x 50. Shootin itty bitty groups.

Then was the old man. I thought with the short action 7m-08 this Leupy would work well. Did'nt happen that way. I had the scope mounted back as far as possible and it is just too far away. I have to push into the rifle so much that it effects the accuracy too much. I wore a hooded sweatshirt and a shoulder pad to simulate hunting shots wearing hunting thickness clothing. I need the scope back at least another 1". Did not have any problems with the Conquest 3 x 9.

So I have two options that I am willing to consider. I suppose there is an option of shortening the stock but that aint happenin. So I can look for another set of bases/rings that will allow me to get the scope back or get rid of the Leupy and get another Conquest.

Any ideas on base/rings that will allow me to get the scope moved back with out looking nasty?

Long

Long,

Call Leupold Customer Service and explain to them what you need. I know they have extended rings and bases, just not sure exactly what you need.

JD338

long,

Ouch.. I hate to hear that as both pieces of glass are great... gotta love that zeiss though.

I have that same issue and all my scopes are mounted as far back as possible. I know Leupy makes an off-set ring for the front. The 2009 Leupy books says 5/8 of an inch off-set.

Long, interesting. I mount my scopes as far forward as possible most of the time.

Love that 2.5-8x, great little scope. It would be worthwhile to mess around with a different set of rings/bases to see if you can make it work for you.

Regards, Guy

Back