Finally something to do

TackDriver284

Handloader
Feb 13, 2016
Was busy with my entire house remodel, and barely had time to go shooting. Still about another month to go before the entire house is done. I finally had today to do a little project, install 3 rails for the .308, 6.5 Creed and the 300 Win Mag. I don't like that little gun sling attachment while using Harris bipods, its not so stable as the Atlas bipod with flat feet on my other rifles using the rails. Wasn't hard to take the guns apart but taking the Rem 700 barreled action out of the pillar bedded stock on the 300 Win Mag was a pain in the neck. Had to use a rubber mallet to tap it out. The GA Precision rifles, on the other hand, was a breeze to take apart and reassemble. . Got the stocks countersinked for the T nuts and used JB Weld to hold them in place. Only rifle left to be put back together is the 300 which is still on my reloading table.
I emailed GA Precision and asked about the torque sequence and specs, they advised 65 inch pounds for the GA bolt guns and Rem 700 actions,,,just snug tighten the screws and then gradually like a car tire and to tighten the rear first then the front screw.

I am curious on what you guys use as specs and sequence.

Attachments

• rsil.jpg
    rsil.jpg
    463 KB · Views: 11
Back